Environmental Engineer/Project Manager
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees' 16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Environmental Engineer/Project Manager to work out of our Sterling, VA office location. The selected candidate will support environmental projects related to federal, state, municipal, and commercial clients. Will be responsible for: field investigations (including soil, sediment, water, and air sampling; drilling and subcontractor supervision; and coordination with analytical laboratories), construction and/or remedial action oversight, remedial alternative evaluation, CERCLA feasibility studies, engineering calculations, and preparation of technical reports. The selected candidate will work collaboratively with and under the supervision of a project or program manager. Prior experience with contaminated sediment investigation and cleanup projects is strongly preferred. Will prepare various technical deliverables including reports, letters, proposals, cost estimates, tables, and figures.
Eight or more years of professional environmental consulting experience is required, with history of increasing responsibility. Project experience to include: CERCLA RI/FS projects, remedial alternative evaluation, remedial design, remedy implementation, site characterization, UST compliance monitoring, UST closures, and vapor intrusion assessments. Previous field experience required, including supervision of sampling activities and environmental drilling operations, ability to work independently on field projects.
* Experience independently completing design of vapor intrusion mitigation systems, soil vapor extraction systems, air sparging systems, or other remedial technologies is strongly preferred.
* Experience preparing technical reports, memos, response to comments tables, and diagrams is required. Must be a competent technical writer.
* General understanding and experience with statistical analysis of environmental data using software such as ProUCL, Microsoft Excel, or R is preferred.
* Experience reviewing and managing environmental data and databases using software such as Microsoft Access or R is preferred.
* Experience with proposal writing and business development is preferred.
* Ability to interface with clients, subcontractors, working groups, and internal customers required.
* Previous experience working on proposals is preferred.
* Project management training and experience is preferred.
* Ability to assist with cost estimating and obtaining bids from vendors and subcontractors is preferred.
* The successful candidate will communicate effectively and make evaluated decisions for the betterment of the client and the company.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
* Must be able to manage time well and work on tasks as part of a larger project team.
* Must have a strong health and safety ethic.
* In addition to English, fluency in other languages will be considered a plus.
* Candidate should be self-motivated and able to take directions and work independently.
* Must be able to drive a motor vehicle and pass a motor vehicle records check.
* BS/BA degree in Environmental Engineering, or a related engineering discipline is required. Advanced degrees are preferred.
* Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) is required.
* OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER Training is required. OSHA 30-Hour Construction Safety Training and 8-hour OSHA Supervisors of Hazardous Waste Operations Training are preferred.
Candidate must be able to walk around project sites for a full day if required and must be physically able to carry up to 35 pounds of equipment (such as sampling tools, GPS unit, field screening equipment and cameras) during field work. Field activities take place in a variety of weather conditions and can occur in remote locations and include areas of uneven terrain or occur during harsh weather. Candidate must be able to sit at a desk / computer in an office environment for office-based tasks. The work environment will consist of a mix of office and field work, with some field work requiring overnight stays. The candidate must be able to work in the field 30% of the time. Candidate must be available for travel to project locations within the United States. Travel is estimated to be less than 20% of time worked. Candidate must be willing to work beyond traditional hours in order to meet client deadlines.
To apply, please submit your resume & cover letter online at www.tetratech.com/career.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions. Tetra Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
* No calls or agencies www.tetratech.com