MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST II (BILINGUAL) (EMERGENCY SERVICES)
7 days left
- Full Time
Please note: The salary range above covers the Mental Health Therapist II position for a candidate who is hired without Virginia clinical licensure. The salary range for Mental Health Therapist II (Licensed) is $61,609.60 - $94,078.40. Full time employees may be eligible for shift differential premium pay based on hours worked and prior approved, designated work schedules
If the incumbent is appointed to a bilingual position, they will receive the language pay premium on all hours worked and on paid leave hours.
Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced setting? Do you want to use clinical and problem solving skills to support individuals and their families through a mental health emergency? Join the Emergency Services team at Arlington County where clinicians provide crisis intervention, stabilization, and psychiatric services to individuals with imminent behavioral health crises while living, visiting, or working in Arlington County. These exciting positions are located in the Client Services Entry Bureau of the Behavioral Healthcare Division in the Department of Human Services. Direct services are provided on both an office-based and mobile outreach basis. Individuals typically treated are experiencing serious mentally illness and/or substance use issues..
- Providing mental status and risk assessments;
- Performing hospital pre-admission screening, crisis intervention, support, and stabilization;
- Coordinating services with multiple agencies (e.g., police, fire, local hospital, emergency room personnel, other human service providers, etc.); and,
- Providing human services resource information, referral, and follow-up.
Arlington County DHS is committed to delivering client services in an effective, equitable, respectful, and trauma-informed manner. Our staff is dedicated to ensuring our clients are approached, engaged and cared for in ways that demonstrate competency, sensitivity and awareness of factors which impact the client experience including but not limited to: cultural identity, gender, racial, and ethnic diversity, religious/spiritual ascription, physical capability, cognitive and literacy levels, sexual orientation, and linguistic needs. Selection Criteria
- A Master's degree in a clinical discipline such as Counseling, Psychiatric Social Work, Psychology, Psychiatric Nursing or other directly related clinical discipline which required a clinical practicum prior to graduation involving diagnostic and treatment services PLUS two years of full-time post Master's Degree clinical experience providing clinical therapy and other mental health services, which included the application of diagnostic and treatment services;
- Language proficiency: English/Spanish for designated positions; and
- A Virginia Preadmission Screening Certification is required within 60 days of hire. See link for details: http://www.dbhds.virginia.gov/behavioral-health/mental-health-services/protocols-and-procedures.
Desirables: Preference may be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
- Virginia clinical license or license eligible as an LPC, LCSW, LCP or LMFT;
- Providing mental health services to individuals with serious mental illness; and/or
- Providing emergency/crisis services.
A pre-employment criminal records check will be conducted. It may include checks of the following: criminal record, driving record, education, professional licensure, and credit history. You may be required to sign a release authorizing the County to obtain your background information.
Applicant must possess, or obtain by the time of appointment, a valid motor vehicle operator's license from the applicant's place of residence or the applicant must have the ability and willingness to use alternative methods of transportation to perform assigned duties and responsibilities at locations other than the primary worksite. If the applicant possesses or acquires a license, the applicant must provide or authorize Arlington County to obtain a copy of the applicant's official state/district driving record. Any offer of employment may be contingent on a favorable review of the applicant's driving record.
Must complete pre-hire federal background check and State of Virginia Central Registry check.
An assessment of oral Spanish proficiency will be required before a candidate can be appointed to a bilingual position. The incumbent in the position will receive the language pay premium on all hours worked and on paid leave hours if appointed to the bilingual position.
Work hours: Positions include day, evening or night hours. Due to the nature of the work individuals may be requested to fill additional shifts. Work schedules may change based on needs of the organization.
Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection process. Please do not enter "see resume" as a response to the questions. Each section of the application must be completed. A resume may be attached, however, it will not substitute for the completed application. Incomplete applications will be not be considered