Instructional Systems Specialist
25% or less - The job may require up to 25% travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
ALL applicants must possess a degree, that included, or was supplemented by, at least 24 semester hours appropriate to the work of the position to be filled. The course work must have included study in at least four of the following five areas:
- Learning theory, psychology of learning, educational psychology: Study of learning theories as they relate to the systematic design, development, and validation of instructional material.
- Instructional design practices: Study of the principles and techniques used in designing training programs, developing design strategy and models, and applying design methods to the improvement of instructional effectiveness.
- Educational evaluation: Study of the techniques for evaluating the effectiveness of instructional/educational programs, including developing written and performance tests and survey instruments, and determining reliability and validity of evaluation instruments.
- Instructional product development: Study of the techniques appropriate for developing training materials, including identifying learner characteristics, specifying objectives, applying training strategy, validating training materials, and evaluating training.
- Computers in education and training: Study of the application of computers in education and training, including selecting appropriate computer software.
In addition to the above education requirements, Applicants must demonstrate at least one year (52 weeks) of SPECIALIZED experience equivalent to the next lower grade/pay band (FG/GS-13/FV-I) in the Federal government or non-Federal equivalent. Specialized experience is defined as that which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform the duties of the position, and is typically in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled.
Experience developing training policy, processes, and standard templates to guide the design and development of training products for technical workforce;
Experience analyzing and validating instructional content for technical occupations to develop instructional methods, techniques and competencies for the Air Traffic Control (ATC) and Airway Transportation Systems Specialist (ATSS) workforce.
Experience using learning content management system software to revise existing instructional courses.
You should include relevant examples of the specialized experience in your work history. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or may result in you not being considered.
**Applicants who do not demonstrate one full year of specialized experience will not receive further consideration for this position. **
Answer all questions to the best of your ability. DO NOT ASSUME THAT BECAUSE YOU HOLD, OR HAVE HELD THIS POSITION, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE FOUND ELIGIBLE. You may be asked to provide evidence or documentation that you have this type of experience later in the selection process. Your responses are subject to verification through job interviews, or any other information obtained during the application process. Any exaggeration of your experience or any attempt to conceal information can result in disqualification.
*Applicants who fail to demonstrate possession of any of the above criteria AND who do not provide the required documentation will receive no further consideration for this position.*
Applicants may be asked to verify information on your application for employment with the FAA.
Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements and/or QRFs may be further evaluated on the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one of the following categories: (1) score order; (2) category grouping; or (3) alphabetical, and referred to the selecting official for selection consideration.
All qualifications must be met by the closing date of the vacancy announcement. Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully.
This position has a positive education requirement: Applicants must submit a copy of their college or university transcripts(s) and certificates by the closing date of announcement to verify qualifications. If selected, an official transcript will be required prior to appointment. You may upload these documents with your application in USAJOBS or fax it to fax number provided in the announcement (please include announcement number on each page).
Failure to do so will result in loss of consideration.
Schools must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Accreditation may be verified at the following website: www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
Foreign education must be evaluated by a private professional organization specializing in interpretation of foreign education credentials or an accredited U.S. educational institution in terms of equivalence to a degree acquired at an American college or university. A copy of the evaluation results must be included, otherwise your foreign education will not be considered.
For additional information, visit:
Transcripts: Applicants that are NOT currently working for the Federal Aviation Administration in the 1750 (Instructional Systems Series) must provide copies of their unofficial/official transcripts(s) on or before the closing date of the vacancy announcement. If selected, official transcripts will be required prior to employment. Official transcripts must be original, with a raised seal, and from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign Education: For additional information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.htmlPreview Job Questionnaire Make sure your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications and answers to the job questionnaire.
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
- As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of the Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all external announcements. Therefore, as an applicant for this external announcement, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA. In lieu of providing a KSA narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA, in your work history, please include work history that describes how you meet the answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate. Your answers may be adjusted by an HR Specialist, as appropriate.
- FAA organizations may offer enhanced annual leave accrual to certain newly-appointed or reappointed employees. In order to receive consideration for such benefit, applicants' prior non-Federal service or active duty uniformed service must directly relate to the duties of the position to which appointed. Granting enhanced annual leave accrual is at the sole discretion of the hiring organization, and granting such benefit is neither an entitlement nor a guarantee.
- This Level 1 (Low Risk) position requires favorable adjudication of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) prior to appointment, unless a waiver is obtained.
- Multiple selections may be made from this announcement.
- Other Headquarters organizations may fill similar positions from this announcement.
- Salary including locality pay will be based on the location for either Washington, DC ($90,750 - $156,358) or Oklahoma City, OK ($90,750 - $140,688).
- The selection official may choose to interview some, all or none of the referred candidates.
- Depending on duty location, bargaining unit will be 8888 - ineligible for Washington, DC or 1367 - PAACE for Oklahoma City, OK.
- This announcement is also being advertised under VA #AWA-AJI-18-0027TY-58478 Current & Former Federal Employees. Please review both vacancy announcements before making application to determine your eligibility to apply.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.