- Full Time
Job Category : Admin or Professional Faculty
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Housing and Residence Life is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the Assessment Coordinator position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masons academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Housing and Residence Life is an auxiliary organization within the University Life unit of George Mason University. HRL employs over 170 full-time and graduate staff members and over 350 undergraduate student staff members, and is committed to provide a safe, well-maintained student-centered environment that is innovative and inclusive of the global community. It is dedicated to creating a home that enriches the experiences of our students, staff, and faculty.
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of University Life Assessment, the Assessment Coordinator provides strategic leadership and ongoing support for the systematic assessment and reporting of Housing and Residence Life goals, outcomes, and assessment planning. This Assessment Coordinator will be responsible for helping to determine and implement the most appropriate ways to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the HRL operation. This position will routinely work as a liaison with both University Life and the broader University to ensure thoughtful integration of our efforts.
The Coordinators role will include assisting each unit within HRL in the ongoing development and maintenance of measureable and achievable goals. The Assessment Coordinator will make appropriate use of CAS Standards, SACS accreditation requirements, ACUHO-I standards, and other relevant frameworks / compliance guidelines as needed.
- Oversees the development and execution of assessment plans for each unit. Provides appropriate analysis of results. Provides guidance / input to research design and implementation. Provides appropriate logistical support for departmental assessment activities.
- Maximizes our utilization of existing data within the division and institution to make significant and sustained positive change for our residents. Effectively leverages statistical analysis tools and techniques to inform data management, study design, proposal writing and assessments from the tactical to the strategic level.
- Administers annual assessments of the resident population as needed to determine if their needs are being met and / or monitor changes over time. Analyze trends within the residential population and recommend changes.
- Recommends action steps that reflect best practices in our various service areas.
- Researches industry standards and benchmarking tools to develop metrics that help define “success” for the HRL unit. Uses these metrics to assess and evaluate the operation of HRL, and for comparison with other Mason units and external (local/state/national) entities as needed.
- Coordinates assessment efforts with divisional personnel. Develops briefings, reports, and presentations for a variety of audiences to include professional experts, senior leadership, and other constituents. Builds relationships and collaborates with professional colleagues, subject matter experts, HRL operational managers, and the HRL leadership to perform analysis, validate findings, and interpret results.
- Serves as the lead for routine reviews and audits of our operation as requested
- Reviews existing assessment related processes within each unit and determines if they are appropriate, and assists to identify and implement quality improvements.
- Masters degree from an accredited institution required, preferably in student affairs, higher education, social sciences, statistics, or related field.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a full-time or equivalent part-time employment capacity required, preferably in educational assessment/research, institutional research, applied statistics, social sciences, or related setting.
- Experience with assessment, including survey design, analysis, and reporting, as well as familiarity with statistical methods, data management and data analysis packages (SPSS, SAS, etc.) Ability to use MS Office Suite is a necessity.
- Should demonstrate an understanding of techniques and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication, and strong presentation skills required.
- Effective organizational and project management skills, as well as an attention to detail are required. Must be able to manage several projects at once, keep projects moving forward, and take the initiative to advance and complete work. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience and knowledge of student affairs higher education is preferred.
- Experience using SQL for data reporting and analysis preferred; working knowledge of enterprise reporting tools such as Micro Strategy or Tableau preferred.
- Administrative experience successfully coordinating team projects with others whom one does not supervise is preferred.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :