Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry Consultants LLC Water Resources Engineering Department in Fairfax, Virginia has an immediate opening for wetlands scientists and permitting specialists with a background permitting for transportation and land development projects. The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of experience, wetlands certification or equivalent experience. Full time positions are available.
- Plan and conduct field delineations of wetlands and Waters of the US
- Prepare delineation reports, functional assessments, mitigation plans, and jurisdictional determinations
- Prepare permit applications under Sections 404/401 of the Clean Water Act
- Coordinate with state, federal, and local regulators as appropriate
- Conduct vegetation and wildlife habitat surveys
- Conduct threatened and endangered species surveys
- Research and write NEPA documents
- Prepare consultations with the US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Prepare Section 106 consultations with the State Historic Preservation Officer
- Conduct permit compliance monitoring and assist in conducting environmental site assessments
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microstation and /or GIS.