Survey CAD Technician
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry is seeking responsible, highly motivated and detail oriented individuals to join our Land Surveying department at our Lanham, Maryland location. The candidate must be able to work in a team environment as a member of a survey and mapping division assisting in a variety of projects. We are looking for an individual who takes pride in their work and also understands budgets and expectations. • Provide drafting and design services by preparing and maintaining CAD/GIS models, surveying drawings and maps.• Prepare designs from general instruction and preliminary sketches, diagrams or schematics.• May recommend modifications and changes for design improvement and simplification.• Produce complex technical drawings.• Prepare working drawings from conceptual layout to detailed finished product.• Coordinate CAD projects with other team members.• Process survey data and produce CADD deliverables.• Process survey control data for boundary locations.• Property research and production of deed mosaics.• Develop base mapping from processed data.• Draft Existing Conditions Plans.• Compute for construction stakeout, boundaries and easements.• Prepare field packages to expedite field surveys.• Process field data to prepare grade sheets.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of experience with Autocad.
- AAS or BS Degree in Surveying or Autocad preferred.
- AutoCAD, Civil 3D experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Trimble TBC preferred.
- Knowledge Leica Cloudworx & Cyclone preferred.
- Knowledge of 3-D Modeling a plus.
- Knowledge of Carlson Civil Suite preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs, particularly Word, Excel and Access.
- Able to take on and manage multiple jobs/tasks simultaneously.
- Good communication skills.
- Willingness to assist with a wide range of projects and work with multiple project managers.
- Strong interest in all phases of Surveying including Record Plats, Easements, ALTA Surveys, Topographic Surveys, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including report writing.
- A strong general computer knowledge is a plus.
- High attention to detail, good organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license in order to operate company vehicleMust be able to pass drug/alcohol screeningMust be dependable