Telecommunication Operator - Part Time
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire people who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Saturday 9:00 - 17:00, Sunday 9:00 - 17:00, Monday 10:00 - 14:00, and Tuesday 15:00 - 23:00.
The Telecommunications Operator provides effective and efficient telephone service to hospital employees, physicians, patients, patient's families, and the general public. The Telecommunications Operator is responsible for operating all communications and answering service equipment, handling all inbound and outbound calls and codes.
* Relay incoming, outgoing, and interoffice telephone calls
* Operate in-house, long range and overhead paging systems
* Monitor alarms, responding to codes in a timely manner
* Provide general information to staff, physicians, patients and the public.
* Update on-call schedules and communicate changes in procedures or personnel.
* High School diploma
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Clear, pleasant and cheerful voice
* Flexibility in working under emotionally stressful conditions
* Experience as an operator in a hospital environment preferred
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.