Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The Office of the Senior Vice President invites applicants for an experienced, highly organized Executive Scheduler to provide administrative and executive calendaring support to the Senior Vice President (SVP). The primary focus of this position is to create and maintain the SVP schedule and support a variety of office functions. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
About the Department: The Office of the Senior Vice President provides direction and management to the internal business and financial operations of the University and supports the President in his role as liaison between the University and the community.
- Serves as Executive Scheduler supporting the Senior Vice President and the Executive Assistant. Primary administrative support includes all detailed aspects of scheduling for the Senior Vice President.
- Receives, reviews and logs paperwork for signature of Senior Vice President. Screens mail, takes action on routine responses, and routes to appropriate office for response. Works closely with other executive support staff to assure consistent professional operations of executive suite.
- Cross-train job functions with office colleagues to assure appropriate office coverage at all times.
- Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of professional office procedures.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to deal with diverse types of people; work under pressure; multitask; handle confidential issues; work well with others in a team environment; must have a professional demeanor.
- The effectiveness of the office requires that this position anticipate the needs of the SVP, and thereby ensures that the necessary information and logistics have been coordinated prior to the actual time of events and activities on the calendar. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in senior level administrative support in an academic environment preferred. Proven qualifications to successfully work and communicate with a diverse internal and external community.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :