Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University, Facilities Department is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic person for a Project Manager position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The Project Manager is responsible for managing capital planning, project planning and programming, design, construction, and fit-out for capital and non-capital projects from project initiation through turn- over. The Project Manager will:
- Serve as primary point of contact with academic and business unit representatives throughout the duration of the project.
- Manage the work efforts of external organizations such as A/E firms, general contractors and construction managers and coordinates the work efforts of institutional organizations such as interior design, environmental graphic design, information technology, access control and environmental health safety and risk management to ensure that program objectives, institutional design and construction standards, regulatory requirements, the project schedule requirements, and the project budget are achieved.
- Coordinate with and manage submissions to external agencies including the Bureau of Capital Outlay Management and the State Fire Marshallâ€™s Office to ensure regulatory compliance is achieved.
- Directs activities of other facilities members of the project team (project engineer, project inspector, etc.) and contracted consultants. Required Qualifications:
- A valid state driverâ€™s license.
- Registered Architect or Licensed Professional Engineer (in any state) required. Ability to transfer an out of state registration as an Architect or Professional Engineer to the Commonwealth of Virginia and obtain certification as a Virginia Construction Contracting Officer within one year
- ABET Accredited Bachelorâ€™s degree in architecture or engineering, or a combination of education and equivalent experience Preferred Qualifications:
- Multiple years of responsible experience with multi-million dollar facilities project management in design and/or construction, preferably with large scale projects for institutional clients such as institutions of higher education.
- Experience as Project Manager directing Design and Construction Contracts with demonstrated independent decision making.
- Experience with Design-Bid-Build required; experience with Design-Build and/or Construction Management At Risk delivery methods desired.
- Experience in selecting, negotiating, and managing professional services contracts.
- Masterâ€™s degree desired.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :