Public accounting firm located in the Bethesda, MD area is seeking a Payroll Auditor. The firm focuses and specializes in working with unions on a national basis. They have offices up and down the East Coast. The Payroll/Auditor will need thick skin, able to work independently and possess strong attention to detail. The Payroll Auditor will be visiting clients (labor unions) and carefully looking through and identifying deductions, payments on payroll records. The ideal candidate will be someone out of a CPA firm or a 3rd party administrator with benefit funds exp. This role requires extensive amount of traveling to the client’s location.
*All travel costs are covered by the firm. In fact, for out-of-town travel, the firm also offers a travel bonus, in addition to expense reimbursement.
- Interface with client personnel to obtain records and information pertinent to the audit process.
- Gain an understanding of client business operations, procedures, and needs.
- Gain an understanding of the CBA and benefit fund requirements.
- Prepare audit work papers.
- Analyze data to determine audit findings and prepare reports.
- Prioritize competing work demands, and manage time appropriately.
- Maintain organized and neat work areas so that work papers and files can be easily reviewed by others.
- Keep colleagues, managers and partners informed of progress and the need to make adjustments to scheduled work.
*Interested and qualified candidates, please forward your resume to Andrea Wilkinson at email@example.com for immediate consideration.Job Requirements
- 3-7 years’ relevant experience required, including payroll compliance auditing or other accounting and payroll services in a public or private accounting setting.
- Associate’s degree, or equivalent credits toward a higher degree, in a business field preferred (non-accounting majors may apply).
- Flexibility to travel to client locations, including up to 30% out of town (domestic) travel.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly in MS Excel.
NRI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Meet Your Recruiter Andrea Wilkinson