We are seeking an Project Coordinator to join our team. The Project Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and monitoring project plans and schedules, project work hours, and project budgets/expenditures for two residential student properties in College Park, MD. Duties include, but are not limited to, identifying project goals and objectives, directing, managing and controlling project work and working closely with the Associate Director-Maintenance. Projecting a customer focused and professional image through in-person and telephone interaction with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates date specific emails for residents and staff working with the Facilities Coordinator.
- Corresponds with residents concerning projects on site and removes notifications when projects are completed.
- Creates inquiry sheet for the Facilities Coordinator on current projects.
- Supplies information to the Facilities Coordinator for creation of site specific work orders.
- Closes work orders manually and submits to the Facilities Coordinator for closing in property management database.
- In the absence of the Facilities Coordinator serves as administrator for key boxes at both sites including set-up in the key system and correcting key or key box issues.
- Assigns keys and swipe access to contractors.
- Oversees for floor replacement at both sites.
- Performs inspections and follows up with maintenance request.
- Creates request for proposals (RFP) with ADMO assistance as needed.
- Researches current and new contractors.
- Receives and collects project bids.
- Schedules RFP meetings as needed.
- Coordinates with ADMO on selecting project vendors/ contractors.
- Ensures W-9 and Certificate of Insurance is on file and current for each site.
- Creates schedules and timelines for projects.
- Meets with contractors to review timelines.
- Maintains project proposals and answers project inquiries.
- Submits signed contracts to Account Manager Maintenance; keep copy for self to reference as needed
- Works with Account Manager to ensure correct payment structure and payments received.
- Directly manages projects as they take place ensuring correct work is being completed.
- Develops and maintains relationships contractors/ vendors providing feedback as necessary.
- Provides leadership and coordination throughout project ensuring thoroughness and accuracy until completion.
- Provides insight on future projects and compiles information for the ADMO.
- Revises site action plans for projects to improve.
- Creates project boards as needed.
- Prepares timelines and schedules for multiple fiscal years.
- Possess’ the ability to think unconventionally.
Applicant must possess strong customer service skills, the ability to problem solve and analyze information skillfully, and have exceptional oral and written communication skills. Must be able to work as part of a team and individually with limited supervision, handle multiple projects with changing priorities and manage a continually heavy workload.