Director of Research, Consumer Insights
Director of Research, Consumer Insights: Strada Education Network is growing our Consumer Insights team and seeking a new colleague. Our work empowers consumer voices to improve the value offered and experienced throughout education after high school. With our unique database of education consumer opinions and experiences, we share insights with providers, policymakers, employers, innovators and the individuals they serve. Internally, our work informs Strada’s philanthropy, social impact investing and engagement strategies.
We are currently seeking a Director of Research. The individual will engage in survey design, analysis, reporting and our engagement with external audiences. They will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Consumer Insights and collaborate with colleagues across Communications, Philanthropy, National Engagement and our Institute for the Future of Work. We also work closely with the direct service organizations comprising Strada’s education network and external partners. This role is crucial to the quality and impact of our work.
- Four years of research experience related to issues of performance, innovation and policy in postsecondary education.
- Market research ability to understand information needs and package results in clear and actionable deliverables.
- Must be client-focused, enjoy working with and developing relationships with multiple, internal cross-functional teams, as well as external partners.
- Team player who enjoys collaborating to accomplish an evolving agenda.
- Practical entrepreneurial experience to develop and deliver research-based solutions.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including knowledge of higher education data sources, expertise using statistical analysis software, and knowledge of appropriate methods.
- Experience conducting research and analyzing quantitative and qualitative information.
- Strong writing and editing skills—communicate ideas clearly and concisely for public audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills and project management leadership—prioritize work and manage time on multiple projects and tasks to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively—self-motivated and enthusiastic team member open to feedback and collaboration.
- Some travel required.
Masters or Ph.D. in relevant field preferred
- Identify needs and opportunities for consumer insights and research findings that are uniquely valuable to higher education stakeholders.
- Bring strategic focus and planning to survey design and questions, and report topics and information releases.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to, synthesize and place research findings in strategic context and communicate their importance.
- Must be comfortable designing and running statistical analyses of primary research data to identify actionable insights and findings.
- Expertise in the integration of data from multiple existing public and proprietary higher education information sources.
- Must identify interesting and relevant trends from data and be able to communicate and visualize that data in sophisticated ways.
- Creatively reinforce and share the values of Strada as a public representative at external events, including panels, conferences, and symposia.
- Responsible for developing and contributing public-facing resources and materials, such as research reports, op-eds, blogs, speaking engagements and white papers.
- Manage external researchers for our commissioned work and all projects related to our research agenda being fulfilled by outside experts in the field.
- Project management for effective cross-collaboration and development of content.
- Engage Strada affiliate network organizations to identify and deliver valuable consumer research insights.
- Other research-based duties, tasks, and special projects as they develop.
Required Work Hours/Travel
A minimum of forty hours per week, plus other hours as may be necessary to complete job duties.
Some travel including overnight stay may be required.
Location: Washington D.C. or Indianapolis