- Full Time
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : The anticipated hourly rate for this position is $18 to $22 per hour, commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Administrative Assistant, Department of Geography and Geoinformation Science
The George Mason University, Department of Geography and Geoinformation Science (GGS) in the College of Science invites qualified applicants to apply for our Administrative Assistant position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The GGS Administrative Assistant supports the Department Chair, faculty, and staff in the daily administration of this large department. The incumbent will provide a wide variety of support including department operations, procurement, travel, student services, events, and academic support for faculty and students. The incumbent will work closely with the GGS office staff to maximize all facets of department functions and provide continuity of operations. This position will begin at 25-30 hours per week with potential for growth and professional development.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of general office procedures, systems and equipment;
- Intermediate experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs and an aptitude for learning specialized software such as Ellucian Banner and Blackboard;
- Appropriate standing at the university to be eligible to receive and maintain access to Mason administrative systems (i.e.: Banner, Travel, Purchase Card);
- Experience interfacing with diverse customers;
- Ability to work well with others;
- Strong organization and communication skills;
- Ability to effectively navigate complex situations;
- Ability to multitask; and
- Ability to self-initiate tasks and bring them to closure.
- Experience working at a large, public institution of higher education; and
- Knowledge of George Mason University procedures and structure.
Preference will be given to individuals who are not enrolled to take classes at Mason during the Fall 2018 or Spring 2019 semesters.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, apply for position number WG7978 at http://jobs.gmu.edu by August 31, 2018; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :