Payroll & Benefits Assistant - Records
The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 600 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, child care, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.
Incumbent will be responsible for storing, tracking, and managing the records function for the Chief Administrative Office, Office of Payroll and Benefits. Performs verification of employment, fulfill Transcript of Service requests, stuff/mail earnings and tax statements, retrieval of records, and other administrative duties as required. May also answer general employee questions regarding payroll and benefits on a back-up basis.
1) Scanning, tracking, indexing, e-file, and permanent storage of payroll and benefit documents.
2) Responding in a timely manner to requests for information from external agencies for Transcripts of Service, completion of SF75 forms, and employment verifications.
3) Post-scanning quality assurance to ensure batches are legible, correctly processed, and of a high quality.
4) Maintain files of original documents filed and labeled correctly for offsite storage
5) Maintain scanning equipment by performing basic cleaning and maintenance.
6) Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of work.
7) Prepare files for transfer to federal records center by labeling, cataloging, boxing, and processing.
8) Electronic filing of monthly payroll certification reports.
9) Mass mailing of payroll and benefit information to employees on a monthly and ad-hoc basis.
10) Prepare quarterly file to send records to the Legislative Resource Center for public record.
11) Work additional hours as required during peak processing periods.
1) Support payroll team with phones answering general payroll and benefit related questions.
2) Participate in system update and upgrade activities as a subject matter expert.
3) Performs other professional duties as assigned.