Foreign Language Teacher Arabic/Levantine
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Speak, read and write fluent Arabic/Levantine
- Speak, read, and write fluent English
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
POSITIONS WILL BE FILLED AT ONE RANK:
Assistant Professor (indicated as level 04)
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR :
Master's degree with a major or minor in Foreign Language Education, Teaching English As a Second/Foreign Language (TESOL/TEFL), Linguistics, Language (English included), Literature, Education, Educational Psychology, Educational Technology, Translation & Interpretation, Cross-Cultural Studies, or Educational Administration
Master's degree other than above and one year of directly related work
Bachelor's degree and two years of directly related work.
DIRECTLY RELATED WORK :
Formal classroom instruction of a language foreign to the students at high school level or above. Formal classroom instruction normally includes such activities as class preparation, course preparation/modification, testing, tutoring, and counseling in a structured, education environment. If selected, applicant must pass a language proficiency test (OPI).
LANGUAGE EVALUATION: The minimum English proficiency is a Level 2 in speaking. The minimum proficiency for the language to be taught is a Level 3 in speaking. If a dialect is required, the minimum proficiency is also Level 3. The proficiency levels are defined by the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) level descriptions and can be viewed at http://www.govtilr.org . Failure of any portion of the language tests will disqualify applicants for a period of 6 months. Applicants may re-apply after 6 months. Upon subsequent selection, re-testing is allowed only once.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Curriculum Development
- Education and Training
- Educational and Training Technology
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- You are required to provide proof of work authorization for Non-US Citizen
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required
- This is a Career Program (CP) 32 position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Candidate must successfully pass NSA/NAC (National Agency Check) before a final job offer can be granted.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) and Relocation is not authorized
- These positions are in the excepted service. Employment in the excepted service does not confer competitive status to apply to competitive service jobs in the federal civil service.
- The position expiration date (not to exceed date) may be extended based on workload and funding availability and is not subject to regulatory time limits.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.