Media Specialist III
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Digital Content Developer
The George Mason University College of Science invites applications for a Digital Content Developer. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: As part of its Marketing and Communications team, the Digital Content Developer supports the college in planning and execution of long and short form written content and videography for key audiences including prospective and current students, alumni, research, and advisory boards. The Digital Content Developer also works with internal clients and partners (departments and programs, University Career Services, and COS development and academic and student affairs teams) in shaping, developing, and placing content packages on multiple channels. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Adapts content (long and short form) into content packages as appropriate to audience and channel: digital, social, print, and new/emerging
- Assists in executing and evaluating the college editorial calendar and overarching content strategy for the College of Science across web platforms and other digital media.
- Assists in the creation, maintenance, and updating of COS web governance and workflow.
- Works with communications team to collect and analyze web, digital and social metrics to champion a strong user experience across all digital platforms.
- Assist in the development and execution of the training on social media platforms, web writing, analytics and other digital skills as well as the social media management tool and the mass email / newsletter management tool
- Shoots, produces, edits video segments from clips for social media, to short-form segments for newsletter, website, and event use.
- A bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience working in an office environment;
- Good understanding of customer service philosophies;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and video editing software (preferably Adobe Premiere and After Effects);
- Hands-on experience creating, modifying and optimizing web page graphics and layouts; and
- Experience with Drupal CMS and the ability to learn new programs; and
- Demonstrated ability to collect and analyze web, digital and social metrics.
About Us: The College of Science Marketing and Communications team fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement. We are collectively committed to create and share engaging stories which highlight the collegeâ€™s excellence in academics, our leading research programs and the achievements, events and outreach of our MasonScience community. For more information, visit us on the web at https://cos.gmu.edu/.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :