Responsible for performing and monitoring of the CAQH billings and receivables processes. Performs various billing, receivables management, and other accounting work. Perform accounting practices of routine, non-routine and detailed complexity, calling for knowledge of participating organization billing, receivables management, and general accounting principles. Works closely with internal staff on participating organization billing and receivables management. Interacts and works closely with CAQH controller to oversee cash receipts, monthly billings and receivable reconciliation of the monthly financial closing process. This role is full-time, non-exempt and reports to the Controller.
On a daily/weekly basis, performs the following duties:
- Performs the customer billing process to insure accurate accounting of the day’s receipts (checks to CAQH, lockbox, and ACH payments). Helps to identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Reviews new participating organization setup activities to insure they are established with the correct applicable fee schedules and taxes, if applicable.
- Insures that customers are properly classified for sales tax purposes and that document required to substantiate tax-exempt status is properly maintained by CAQH.
- Manage collection activities and escalations as outlined in CAQH Collections and Bad Debt procedures.
On a monthly basis, performs the following duties:
Reconciles receivable monthly trial balance against the general ledger records maintained by Great Plains. Reviews and clears any potential discrepancies.
- Creates the invoices in the general ledger to facilitate reporting by product
- Analyzes the monthly revenue versus budget and forecasts to proactively identify errors and explain any significant variances.
- Analyzes the pre-billing reports from our billing vendors or the consolidated billing database and provide feedback for any corrections or edits that need to be made.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly sales tax reporting process to verify that the proper tax is being charged and withheld from CAQH’s customers.
- Assists in the monthly collection meeting with the Controller, the Senior Accountant and Account Management by providing the status of receivables in arrears and suggesting an appropriate course of action (e.g. write off receivable, transition to Account Management, etc.)
- Assists with other monthly closing tasks and participate in cross-training exercises to maintain appropriate segregation of duties and emergency coverage for all finance functions.
Other Ongoing Duties:
- Manage any billing and financial management support for new services offered by CAQH, including interfacing with the vendor.
- Supports the external auditors by preparing any sales and/or collection documentation as required and answering any questions that may arise from such documentation.
- Creates and update process and procedure manuals as needed.
- Helps implement a system to withhold and remit sales taxes to various state and local tax jurisdictions.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as needed.
- Must be detail-oriented with an aptitude for mathematics.
- Must be a team player who can work cooperatively with a wide variety of internal and external resources.
- Needs to be accurate, timely and responsive.
- Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness for problem-solving.
- Must work well independently and without ongoing supervision.
- Must have excellent verbal skills and phone demeanor.
- Two or more years of accounting or billing experience.
- Prior experience with General Ledger and Accounts Receivable.
- Prior experience with Great Plains preferred.
- Prior experience with SalesForce preferred.
- Knowledge of Adaptive Insights is a plus, but not required.
- Prior experience with one or more accounting software tools required.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in accounting preferred, but not required.
- CPA certification preferred, but not required.
WHO WE ARE
Named one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in 2016, 2017 and 2018 CAQH, a non-profit alliance, is the leader in creating shared initiatives to streamline the business of healthcare. Through collaboration and innovation, CAQH accelerates the transformation of business processes, delivering value to providers, patients and health plans.
- COB Smart® quickly and accurately directs coordination of benefits processes.
- EnrollHub® reduces costly paper checks with enrollment for electronic payments and electronic remittance advice.
- CAQH ProView® eases the burden of provider data collection, maintenance and distribution.
- DirectAssure® increases the accuracy of health plan provider directories.
- VeriFideTM streamlines credentialing by consolidating and standardizing primary source verification.
- SanctionsTrack® delivers comprehensive, multi-state information on healthcare provider licensure disciplinary actions.
- CAQH CORE® maximizes business efficiency and savings by developing and implementing national operating rules.
- CAQH Index® benchmarks progress and helps optimize operations by tracking industry adoption of electronic administrative transactions.
WHAT YOU GET
CAQH recognizes that its most important asset is its growing team of smart, creative, collaborative, forward-thinking and passionate professionals – and that a comprehensive employee benefits package is an important factor for them in choosing where to work. CAQH offers competitive compensation along with an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, tuition assistance and a 401k. Our location in downtown Washington, DC is metro-accessible, has an onsite fitness center and is centrally located to allow our team to take advantage of professional networking opportunities, cultural offerings and a thriving social scene.