1 day left
- Full Time
THINK. CREATE. MAKE SOMETHING MEMORABLE.
We're seeking a meticulous proofreader / assistant copywriter with a mastery of spelling and grammar, and a passion for precision. The ideal candidate will also possess the ability to generate light copy for blogs and social media, and have experience with posting content to Facebook, blogs, etc.
Your primary responsibility will be quality control. Daily activities: 75% proofreading, 15% copywriting, and 10% administrative. Proofing of digital products like websites, emails, etc., will be required, but this skill can be learned on the job by a competent print proofreader. All applicants will be required to take proofreading and basic copywriting tests.
Competitive pay and benefits available. NO CALLS or recruiters please.
Reports to Creative Director
ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with creative team members to develop ad campaigns and concepts of outstanding quality for interactive, print, broadcast, direct mail, out-of-home and more for agency clients
- Writes marketing deliverable content that helps to build awareness of client brands, products and product benefits and helps stimulate sales
- Oversees copy for creative initiatives from inception through completion to ensure a high level of quality and maintenance of concept through approval of design
- Researches clients’ products and services to ensure ability to write accurate, on-target copy and concepts for assigned projects
- Works with the Creative Director to develop and maintain text style templates for all clients, to assure consistent brand identity across all media
- Assures that all copy is checked and proofread by other creative and account services team members at the draft and final stages of each project, allowing a “fresh set of eyes” to examine the work
- Works to ensure copy and concepts promote the client’s brand image and/or sells their product or service, according to the strategic creative plan
- Assists in writing proposals, marketing plans, publicity, etc., as requested
- Contributes original material to agency blog and social media on a regular basis
- Energetic, resourceful, positive attitude and a passion for learning
- Solid portfolio of published work
- Proven concepting, visualization and communication skills
- A passion for advertising, marketing and new media
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills in a fast-paced, business environment
- Desire to continually learn more about the craft, the business and the industries we serve
- A commitment to a respectful, inclusive, collaborative and positive workplace, free of inflated egos, where good ideas are welcome from anyone
- Experience as a copywriter within the advertising, marketing, social media, public relations, real estate, land/community development or homebuilder industries preferred
- Exceptional writing skills and proficient knowledge of social media channels
- Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Business, English, New Media, Journalism, or similar course of study from an accredited college or university
Include cover letter, resume, salary requirements (no numbers=no interview), and link to samples or include a brief PDF portfolio to be considered. NO CALLS or recruiters.