- Full Time
SUMMARY: Provides administrative and clerical support to the Law Enforcement Training Department.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES. Responsible for:
1. Control, within departmental guidelines, of the certification process for all Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor Development Schools and the renewals of the certifications. This includes, but is not limited to, the entry and updating of certifications and certified instructors to the LEAD Tracking System, as well as the scanning of all paperwork necessary for the files, and the printing, mailing, etc. of the certifications and/or renewals.
2. Ensuring all fees (money, checks, purchase orders, etc.) for certifications, memberships associated with certification, and agency affiliations, are received, accounted for and deposited in an accurate and timely manner.
3. Ensuringing all memberships associated with certification, and club/agency affiliations, are received, accounted for and processed or directed to the appropriate division or department.
4. Production or procurement of support materials (envelopes, forms, certificates, etc.) required to process certifications, renewals and any associated task in an accurate and timely manner.
5. Scanning, and other processing, of certifications, renewals of certifications and any other forms, as well as any maintenance of the electronic or paper files associated with the certification process.
6. Providing accurate and timely notification of renewals to the certified instructors, as well as, providing reminders of renewals to those who may not have responded to the initial notices.
7. Monitoring budgetary income for monies (including checks, money orders, purchase orders, etc.) received and transferred to other departments and accounting in an accurate and timely manner the total revenue generated by the certification/recertification process.
8. Answering telephone inquiries in a courteous and prompt manner.
9. Reviewing, or referring to the manager, or his designee, for review, submitted continuing education hours of training necessary for re-certification.
10. Maintaining and updating Law Enforcement Tracking System lists in an accurate and timely manner.
11. Performing general office duties necessary for the fulfillment of the job, such as, but not limited to, faxing, filing, copying and other general office duties.
SCOPE: High visibility with NRA divisions, NRA members, law enforcement officers and personnel and the general public. Position functions in a fast-paced work environment with minimal direct supervision. Limited travel required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School diploma required. Minimum of two years of clerical/business experience required. Bookkeeping experience desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Minimum accurate typing of 55 WPM required. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, scanning, electronic file creation, and familiarity with database entry programs. Excellent oral and written communication, grammar, and spelling skills essential. Professional telephone manner required. Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks and accomplish stated goals with minimal or no direct supervision. Detail orientation required, as well as proven ability to perform as a team player. Demonstrated ability to file and maintain records, both electronic and paper, accurately.
To apply, kindly forward resume with cover letter stating salary expectations to email@example.com The NRA is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (minority/women/disabled) providing an excellent benefits package. Please visit our website at nra.org to learn more about us and our activities in support of the law enforcement community.
Apply for Certifications Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly