We are looking for an experienced accountant to join our small (but mighty) finance team. Our Accounting Supervisor will work under our CFO to oversee our Payroll Coordinator and Staff Accountant as well as ensure the accuracy and timeliness of our day-to-day work.
A Little About Ardmore
As an established non-profit, we’ve been supporting adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities since 1963! Our mission of empowerment is acted out daily in the lives of the 200+ people who participate in our customized employment, community learning, and community living programs. We believe every person has the right to determine the direction of their life – a concept that has historically been denied to many people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our team members work together to promote voice, choice, and empowerment for the people we support.
Things You Might Do
- Oversee daily operations of our finance department including payroll, AP, AR, and billing to ensure they are accurate and timely
- Prepare and review journal entries, reconcile general ledgers, and billing as needed
- Monitor and reconcile accounting data
- Support budget and forecasting activities
- Work with CFO to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit
- Support CFO in special project and workflow process improvements
- Advise staff regarding handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures to enhance workflow in the department.
- Supervise Staff Accountant and Payroll Coordinator to ensure deadlines are met
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- Work with your team members to create goals and objectives for each person as well as monitor and advise on their progress throughout the year
- Address personnel issues relating to attendance, performance, etc.
We Need Someone Who Has
- A BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- A thorough understanding of the financial reporting, general ledger structure, and federal/state billing and reporting requirements
- A high level of organization and problem-solving skills including an attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent writing, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to direct and supervise
- Flexible work-time availability
Ardmore Enterprises is an equal employment opportunity employer.