Support Services Specialist, Project Manager (Project Manager)
Occasional travel - 1-5 nights per month may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
-You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-13 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: experience that demonstrates accomplishment of support services activities and project assignments that require a comprehensive knowledge and skill in applying and adapting a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness and the improvement of complex administrative processes and systems pertinent to the position to be filled. This knowledge is generally demonstrated by assignments where you analyze a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects in planning, directing, and coordinating support services programs and operations. Management analyst or technician or other work that includes study, analysis, or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of managerial or administrative policies, practices, and procedures. Administrative officer or assistant, budget administration (tracking and monitoring), program analysis, or other work that demonstrates knowledge of an organization and its functions, Federal and State Regulations (e.g. OSHA and ADA), and the ways in which support services can facilitate the work of the organization. Facilities or Building management experience that includes responsibility for directing a variety of Facilities or Building services such as facilities repair and maintenance, lease management, and lease administration (including enforcement). Military experience that includes responsibility for directing a variety of support functions such as communications, property management, mail service, facilities and equipment maintenance, etc. Knowledge of computer assisted design (CAD) software to develop and plan space layouts. Knowledge of project management software to plan, control, execute, monitor, and evaluate work assignments or special projects. Preparing Solicitations-for-Offers (SFO) for lease awards. Project leader for real estate projects over 50,000 square feet.
- The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
1 Position is located in FMSS/Mid-Atlantic/Wash.DC/Sec A in Washington, DCRead more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Decision Making, Flexibility, Interpersonal Skills, Oral Communication/Speaking, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Technology Application and Writing. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, (i.e., A = Superior, B = Highly Qualified, C= Qualified) depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position.
Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you you must receive a rating of category B or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here.