6 days left
- Full Time
The Office of the Registrar
Exempt, Regular, 100% FTE, Pay Grade 2.1
Location: Academic Center at Largo
University of Maryland University College Office of the Registrar is a forward thinking, innovative office with a focus on building staff competencies in the Registrar profession using AACRAO Competency frameworks. The Articulation Officer (AO) is responsible for the identification, development, maintenance, and assessment of the academic articulations done at both a graduate and undergraduate level. The AO represents the office and the university in the articulation of transfer credit and the creation of articulation pathways with other institutions and organizations. As the primary responsible party for assuring all articulation components to MOU/MOA or other forms of agreement meet regulatory, policy, and practice standards, the AO is considered a mid-level functional manager in the office with accountability and authority to make decisions on articulations and to identify areas where transfer credit is out of sync between UMUC and other organizations as well as recommend changes in degree pathways to better align the articulation of credit to enhance student success while maintaining academic integrity, quality, and rigor. As part of the leadership team of the Assistant Vice Provost of Student Pathways, the AO is a pivotal role in supporting UMUC's field leading pilots and developing practices which use data and an expanded role for the acceptance of non-traditional transfer credit to offer today's contemporary students more options in their goal of credential obtainment. The AO will regularly demonstrate skills in data collection and analysis, report writing, interpersonal communication, along with strong skills intact and diplomacy. The AO is required to attend meetings in person, both on and off campus.
The AO is the custodian of record for all articulation agreements for UMUC. S/he keeps a database that identifies each agreement along with pertinent information and is responsible for all agreement updates and reviews - including using data to propose changes which maximize the success of the agreements and our students. The AO works with marketing and other university resources to assure the website and other publication materials are accurate and create a simple and intuitive user experience. The AO works with a broad group of stakeholders, both inside and outside the institution. The level of stakeholders may range from entry level advising staff to Associate Vice Presidents and, as such, this position may require nights and/or weekend hours and some travel local to Maryland, depending on university and stakeholder needs.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Identify, Initiate, develop, and maintain articulation agreements which may exist separately or be part of an approved affiliation Memorandum of understanding/Agreement created by Office of the Registrar, Strategic Enrollment Management, Corporate Learning Solution, International Programs and State Military Operations offices.
- Develop and maintain an electronic database of all agreements with pertinent information accessible by all stakeholders for transparency.
- Initiate and create communications (letters, emails, reports, etc) with the university community and out-of-state educational institutions regarding current and future articulations from interest to completion of MOU.
- Oversee degree map creation and processing for any articulation agreements, including designing and reviewing templates. Ideally, develop an electronic way to handle degree maps that is not PDF based but instead an interactive experience meeting the 21st Century technology needs of students and stakeholders.
- Represents the Office of the Registrar, and UMUC, in articulation meetings in/out of state including in person meetings in the state of MD or in the DMV area.
- Analyze and report student success of students involved in affiliation agreements in collaboration with HelioCampus, SEM, CLS, SMO, and other stakeholders.
- Identify and provide data regarding student success, trends, and analysis/status of continuing articulation agreements making recommendations on changes in practice, policy, or degree structure in order to facilitate student retention and completion.
- Works closely with marketing team to make sure websites and other information includes the most current details on articulation programs and that the user experience is easy to navigate and transparent.
- Regularly participate in curriculum meetings (committees and workgroups) in which decisions on curricular changes are vetted and approved, providing an assessment of the impact on all articulation agreements as part of the curricular process.
- This position has the authority to recommend changes to TGS and TUS curriculum committees that would better align degree and credential pathways by providing impact of decisions and ways to harmonize and synergize transfer credit and credential pathways.
- Oversee and coordinate the reverse transfer (pilot) process in collaboration with Community College and National Student Clearinghouse (NSC).
- While the current initiative is Maryland only this may be expanded in the future.
- The AO will work with NSC to assure data transfer is accurate and to assess the efficacy of the pilot and ensuing practices in the reverse transfer area.
- Assist with review of student success measures related to transfer credit analysis, i.e. nationally accredited institutions, non-collegiate credit, etc.
- Collaborate with the transfer credit operational team for operational transfer credit rule building and evaluation as part of articulation maintenance. This may include working directly or collaboratively with the following sources of credit:
- College Source, TES, University System of Maryland, ERP/SIS systems, College Source, Cambridge International, AP, DANTES, CLEP, NCCRS, ACE, and others.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge of university and community college policies, practices, and curriculum with a focus on UMUC and USM.
- Excellent organizational, written, and communication skills.
- Principles and procedures of statistical record keeping and report preparation.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain affiliation agreements.
- Coordinate articulation process between the university stakeholders and other institutions.
- Recommend improvements or modifications to the process.
- Develop and conduct presentation to small and large groups.
- Effectively and efficiently respond to inquiries from staff and students based on service level agreements for the unit.
- Maintain business processes, points of contact and timelines of all agreements.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3 or more years working in higher education with articulation experience, outreach with other institutions, and/or student service environments.
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational management, and communication within an educational environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize administrative tasks and workflow such that all service level agreements are met.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers via phone, email, chat, and other methods using business acumen, kindness, and professional courtesy.
- Demonstrated ability to pivot on tasks between detail oriented work and service oriented work in a fast paced environment where there will be distractions requiring immediate service that may interrupt regular administrative tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively participate in a team oriented culture.
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude for exploration of new methodologies of solving problems such as design thinking and other forms of workgroups.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.