Association Services Associate
NAIOP, the Commercial Real Estate Development Association based in Herndon, Virginia, is seeking an association services associate to support the activities and projects for multiple departments within the organization. The incumbent serves as the primary liaison to members, the general public, and chapter representatives for a broad range of inquiries including education, government affairs, membership, and the organization’s national forums program.
- Provides all necessary service assistance for association activities including but not limited to:
- Membership renewal, retention and recruitment
- Event registration
- Office operations
- National Forums program
- Responsible for providing administrative support for Government Affairs department activities including but not limited to:
- Organizing and coordinating the department’s responsibilities associated with the annual Chapter Leadership and Legislative Retreat
- Coordinating Corporate government affairs committee meetings
- Assists with the coordination of Corporate and local chapter NAIOP-PAC events
- Maintains internal database of PAC contributions to Senate and House members, processes NAIOP-PAC check requests, and performs other duties related to NAIOP PAC activities
- Assists in the preparation and filing of Lobbying Disclosure Act reports
- Coordinates frequent travel arrangements for department staff and processes expense reports
- Assists with creation and modification of presentations, spreadsheets and various other documents.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for members and the general public. Coordinates the phone support team.
- Respond daily to member inquiries received via phone, E-mail, and the general customer support E-mail inbox.
- Provide administrative support for office needs including processing returned mail, assisting with outgoing mail and maintaining staff log-in sheet
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Customer service, administrative support or membership relations
- Previous experience and knowledge of PAC and Lobbying Disclosure requirements a plus.
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
Reports to: Senior Vice President