Deputy Office Director, Office of Advanced Cyberinfrastructure, CISE
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation may be paid contingent on availability of funds.
1 . Ph.D. or equivalent professional experience or a combination of education and experience in science and engineering. Professional experience may include research, professional practice, teaching and/or management experience in the context of one or more science and engineering fields.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of academic community and recognized professional standing in the science and engineering community as evidenced by the research/educational/technical contributions and/or professional leadership. Demonstrated ability in liaising with high-level officials of the Federal and scientific and engineering academic communities.
3. Demonstrated broad knowledge of diverse fields of science and engineering including interdisciplinary approaches and solutions to important cross-cutting research and education challenges.
4. Skill in changing and balancing complex and diverse program demands and available resources in response to major advances or changing needs of science and engineering research and technology and demonstrated ability to exercise sound professional judgment in recommending the initiation of research and infrastructure activities.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
1. Leading Change. Demonstrated ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Includes the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People. Demonstrated ability to lead people toward meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals. Includes the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results-Driven Leadership. Demonstrated ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Includes the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen. Demonstrated ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions. Demonstrated ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Applicants currently serving under a career Senior Executive Service (SES) appointment, eligible for reinstatement into SES, or have successfully completed a SES Candidate Development Program (CDP) approved by OPM are not required to address the Executive/Managerial Qualifications (ECQs/EMs); but a narrative statement for each of the Professional/Technical Qualifications (PTQs) is recommended.
For detailed guidance on ECQs, applicants are strongly encouraged to review the Office of Personnel Management's Guide to Senior Executive Service Qualifications.
Become a part of our mission to maintain and strengthen the vitality of the US science and engineering enterprise. For nearly 70 years, the National Science Foundation (NSF) has remained the premier Federal agency supporting basic research at the frontiers of discovery across all fields, as well as science and engineering education at all levels.
The Senior Executive Service (SES) covers managerial positions above GS-15 in the Federal Service. Persons appointed to the SES are eligible for health benefits, life insurance, social security, Federal retirement and thrift savings plan coverage, and participate in the Federal leave system. Career appointees are eligible for bonuses based on performance in addition to base pay. Competitive status is not required, veteran's preference does not apply and there are no grade restrictions. New appointees to the SES are required to serve a one-year probationary period.
Final selection of career appointees requires the approval of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM). OPM approval will be based on the selectee's background in the following five executive core qualification areas: (1) Leading Change, (2) Leading People, (3) Results Driven Leadership, (4) Business Acumen, and (5) Building Coalitions. These areas are incorporated in the five executive/managerial requirements for the position. Information about the leadership requirements for SES-level positions is available on the OPM website.
This position may also be filled on a one-to-three year Senior Executive Service (SES) Limited Term Appointment or on an Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA) assignment basis. Under the provisions of the IPA, assignees remain on the payroll of his/her home institution and the institution continues to administer pay and benefits. The National Science Foundation (NSF) will reimburse the home institution for NSF's negotiated share of the costs.
You must submit all required information by the closing date. If materials are not received, your application will be evaluated solely on the information available and you may not receive full consideration or may not be considered eligible.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be screened for basic eligibility according to the essential qualification requirements. Eligible applicants will be reviewed by an Evaluation Panel according to the criteria based on the qualification requirements. The best qualified candidates will be referred to the appropriate official who will recommend selection. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, physical disability, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit reason.
There are no questions to preview in the link below.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No