Office of Marketing
Regular, Exempt, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 2.3
University of Maryland University College seeks an Analytics Manager. This person will report to the Director of Marketing Optimization. The Marketing Optimization team at the University of Maryland University College is responsible for placing advertising to attract students to the University. The Analytics Manager plays a vital role in both advertising optimization and conversion optimization. This person will work with the Director to develop theories, then substantiate them with data, with the goal of producing actionable insights for the university's recruiting efforts.
The Analytics Manager will work with a variety of groups to achieve his/her goals, including Marketing (internal team and external agencies), Business Intelligence, Digital User Experience, Call Center and Enrollment teams. This is an interactive role, requiring weekly partnering with each of these groups to fully understand, properly audit, and monitor success. The right candidate will proactively identify new opportunities and deliver actionable insights that will drive performance.
This is a great opportunity for a data person to move into marketing/business. You will learn all about advertising, acquiring customers (students), conversion best practices and business intelligence. UMUC is one of the largest universities in the country and has ambitious goals for our future.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Regularly audit and analyze our advertising media mix to uncover opportunities that may lead to further improvement. Deep dive in channels like paid search, display, paid social, tv, radio, print and out of home advertisements. This will largely be a mathematical exercise utilizing tools like Tableau and Excel.
- Monitor and optimize the progress of all leads through the marketing funnel. This will involve understanding the lead flow process in Salesforce, and partnering with the Marketing, Business Intelligence, Salesforce, Call Center and Enrollment teams to develop actionable insights.
- Aid in further development of our data/reporting infrastructure so we can continue to evolve our sophistication and performance. Engage with the data warehouse, Salesforce, and other key systems to build out a comprehensive set of KPIs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key external partners and groups within the university. Such relationships will aid in the implementation of your findings.
- Participate in brainstorming and testing new campaign ideas or conversion improvement projects.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (engineering, finance, statistics, mathematics, science, etc.) from an accredited institution of higher learning is required.
- 3-6 years of analytics work experience.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to identify actionable insights. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Proven history of proactiveness and curiosity in analyzing available data, looking for trends and patterns. Shows analytical and structured thinking capabilities, with a keen interest in how things work.
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable challenging the status quo.
- A detail-oriented person who is excited to roll up his/her sleeves to get the job done.
- A strong solutions and results orientation.
- Effective communication skills with both technical and non-technical people.
- Works effectively both independently and as a collaborative team player.
- Uses sound judgment to identify issues and escalates when appropriate.
- Has the ability to identify key needs or gaps and provide leadership to close those gaps.
- Learns from mistakes, takes action to apply the learnings, and provides feedback for those in the immediate area of focus.
- Embraces and appreciates the mission of higher education for working adults.
- Experience working with data visualization software packages, such as Tableau or Datorama.
- Experience loading, mining and analyzing data with SQL or other relational databases.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM, building reports and campaigns, auditing lead flow, etc.
- Experience working with a large data warehouse, performing analyses.
- Some knowledge of advanced analytics methodologies such as machine learning and statistical modeling. Experience with SAS/SPSS, R/Python.
- Experience working with business or marketing data.
- Exposure to project management skills and business process redesign.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.