Senior Principal Software Engineer
- Full Time
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.As part of the Enterprise Software Architecture team, the candidate's primary role will be to lead the architecture of Intelsat's Next Generation business support ecosystem using solid knowledge in software design , development and enterprise architecture.
We are looking for a proactive individual who is comfortable working in ambiguous spaces and leading diverse teams to outcomes that are aligned to both business and IT imperatives. This role also requires significant interaction with business and technical stakeholders. Therefore, candidates must exhibit outstanding communication and influencing skills as well as a tenacity for overcoming hurdles and impediments. The ideal candidate will have a balanced skill set of deep expertise in digital technologies along with great soft skills/competencies.
- Work as a primary Architect on a team developing complex distributed system using technologies such as Java, Java Scripts, Python, ASP.NET, C#, XML, JSON, RabbitMQ and Apache Kafka.
- Partner with stakeholders, both leadership and subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the organization's strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets.
- Align IT and business plans while producing architecture artifacts including but not limited to roadmaps, standards, guidelines, and best practices
- Partner with external clients if necessary to understand their business needs and ensure the architecture meets the IT needs of each business or client
- Develop solutions to problems by exercising judgment and discretion. Determine dependencies, identify and assign specific resources in agreement with the management, and communicate expectation to team members. Track progresses against release schedule and in collaboration with the project management
- Articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our legacy systems.
- Advises on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development. Sets standards for the technology structure of the organization
- Proactively seek to understand major IT and industry trends and apply them to IT solutions, new initiatives, and capability roadmaps
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with at least ten years of successfully performing in a role of major responsibility tied to large projects with tight deadlines.
- A minimum of 5 years of design and development experience on Microsoft .Net platform using C#, ASP.NET, .NET(MVC), XML, JSON, TFS
- Ability to think strategically and relate architectural decisions/recommendations to business needs and client culture.
- Extensive knowledge of design patterns and when to apply them.
- At least 2 years of experience with micro-services architecture, cloud native architecture principles and implementation
- Experience in agile development practices & methodologies such as Scrum or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Proven leadership traits to include team leadership, sound business judgment, ability to think and advance strategic concepts, and a professional demeanor under pressure.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.