Operations Research Analyst
6 days left
- Full Time
25% or less - Up to 25% travel away from the official duty station may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Subject to random drug testing.
Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
Favorable suitability determination.
Must be able to obtain/maintain a "Q" security clearance.
Financial disclosure is required.
Presidential Directive (HSPD-12) governing personal identity requires that you provide two forms of identification if selected for this position. Generally, male applicants must be registered with the Selective Service.
May require successful completion of a one year probationary period.
Obtain/maintain Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering International (AACE International) certification.
Obtain/maintain Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR) certification.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower NNSA Demonstration Project pay band (NQ-03) or GS grade level (GS-14) in the Federal service.
Experience with all three items is required. Specialized experience for this position is defined as experience:
- Preparing detailed capital project cost estimates,
- Completing complex analysis utilizing scientific inquiry and analysis to develop and assess cost estimates and project cost performance, and
- Providing expert advice to senior management based upon sound scientific and quantitative information as a basis for making decisions and problem solving.
- Knowledge of one or more specialized areas of operations research sufficient to apply new hypothesis, analytical developments, methodologies, and research findings to broad studies of an unprecedented nature.
- Knowledge of a wide range of research operations analytical and evaluative methods and techniques sufficient to serve as an authoritative representative for the agency and to provide management with expert technical guidance and recommendations for achieving the agency’s objectives.
- Skill in advanced operations research, economics, statistics, mathematical, and engineering methods and scientific principles to accomplish complex studies; develop, utilize, and/or assess a variety of operational models; provide management with viable solutions or recommendations; and identify the significant variables and determine their underlying relationships.
- Knowledge of concepts and principles used to understand, develop, and assess cost estimates for major programs and constructions projects, including cost estimates for technically complex first-of-a-kind facilities.
- Knowledge of specific science disciplines, including nuclear, mechanical, electrical, and chemical engineering and physics sufficient to evaluate cost estimates for proposed and ongoing programs and projects.
- Ability to plan, conduct, and lead teams of senior cost estimating professionals in conducting program and project reviews and assessments and the demonstrated ability and leadership skills to achieve and maintain effective relationships among interfacing offices, contractors, and other parties. Skill in building understanding and consensus among team members, establishing trust, adapting behaviors to new work methods, resolving interpersonal conflicts, and supporting team goal accomplishments.
- Ability to create or direct the creation and maintain a database of pertinent project cost information that can be used to readily analyze capital project cost performance.
- Skill in making clear, concise, and convincing oral and written presentations to senior management and contractors. Ability to assemble, evaluate and present information, frequently involving complex and controversial matters, in concise, articulate, persuasive and knowledgeable fashion in both written and oral form.
Time-in-Grade: Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement to receive consideration.
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
This position has a positive education requirement. Therefore, you MUST provide documentation (i.e., transcripts) supporting any education claims in your application. For specific education requirements, please see the Qualifications section. If selected, official transcripts may be requested.
Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Applicants who have completed part or all of their education outside of the U.S. must have their foreign education evaluated by an accredited organization to ensure that the foreign education is comparable to education received in accredited educational institutions in the U.S. A written evaluation of any foreign education must be provided with your application in response to this vacancy announcement or be received by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide this evaluation will result in you being found unqualified for the position. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education, see the Department of Education website, and for a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, visit The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
Please Note: If your foreign education has already been accepted by an accredited U.S. educational institution as part of a degree program with that institution, you do not need to provide an evaluation of foreign education but must submit a copy of the transcripts listing the degree from the U.S. accredited institution that accepted your foreign education.
- The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links at the bottom of this page or visit the FedsHireVets website.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
- Many positions require successful completion of a background investigation.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: Click HERE.
Veterans Information: Click HERE.
Telework: Click HERE.
Selective Service Registration: Click HERE.
Information about the NNSA Demonstration project can be found by clicking HERE.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as “Best Qualified”, “Well Qualified” and “Qualified”. Veterans Preference eligible will be listed at the top of whichever category your score places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher.
Your performance appraisals and incentive awards will be given due consideration in the selection process based on their relation to the duties of the position and the consistency with which they may be considered in evaluating you against other applicants.
If you are eligible for career transition assistance plans such as ICTAP or CTAP, you must meet the definition of "well qualified" which is defined as having a score of 85 or better.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly.
To preview questions please click here.