Program Specialist (Protocols)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must demonstrate in your resume at least (one) 1 year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 level in the Federal service; OR have completed a Master's or equivalent graduate degree, OR 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR an LL.B. or J.D., if related;
OR have a combination of post baccalaureate education and experience that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
Examples of qualifying experience at the GS-07 level includes: Providing general guidance on clinical protocols; assisting in gathering and organizing information on clinical research or procedures; assisting in reviewing submitted protocols for conformance to regulations and policy; gathering information to use in responding to inquiries concerning clinical protocols and activities.
To qualify for the GS-11:
You must demonstrate in your resume at least (one) 1 year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 level in the Federal service; OR have completed a Ph.D. , OR equivalent doctoral degree OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, if related; OR have a combination of post baccalaureate education and experience that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
Examples of qualifying experience at the GS-09 level includes: Providing administrative and technical guidance on clinical protocols; gathering and organizing information on clinical research or procedures; maintaining a protocol tracking system; reviewing submitted protocols for conformance to regulations and policy; responding to inquiries concerning clinical protocols and activities.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10261079
If you qualify based on education in lieu of specialized experience, you are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application packages. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- - Tier 3: Non-Emergency/Non-Teleworker
- - A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- - PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should also apply online to this announcement in order to receive consideration.
- - We may make additional selections for similar positions within the commuting area(s) of the locations listed through this vacancy announcement.
- - The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- - The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application and responses to the online questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating and Selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
- - Best Qualified - for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
- - Well Qualified - for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
- - Qualified - for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications by scoring at least an 85 on the assessment and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and any other requirements. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No