Information Technology Specialist (SYSANALYSIS)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet all qualification requirements before the announcement closes.Basic Requirements:
Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Applicants must have 1 year (52 weeks) of specialized experience at the next lower band or level equivalent to the GS-13 in the Federal Service, or comparable private/public sector experience which has equipped the applicant with the skills and knowledge to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is defined as experience developing systems in Java; implementing, and maintaining web systems and DevOps; managing the various phases of the agile system development life-cycle for software and applications; and performing needs analyses to define opportunities for new or improved business process solutions and developing procurement packages.
NOTE: Your application should clearly show your possession of the specialized experience qualification requirement and the four competencies listed above.
You must meet all qualification requirements before the announcement closes.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Based on the staffing needs, additional selections may be made through this vacancy announcement.
Selectee may be required to file a Financial Disclosure Statement.
Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid for by the GAO.
Males born after 12/31/59 and at least 18 years of age must be registered with the Selective Service System. Visit http://www.sss.gov/.
Please be aware that applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. If selected, at the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
If you are selected for this position, you will be subject to a determination of your suitability for Federal employment.
The U.S. Government Accountability Office’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The U.S. GAO is part of the Legislative Branch of the Federal government. As such, all positions are in the excepted service. Initial appointments, permanent or indefinite, to the GAO require completion of a one-year or two-year probationary period.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job. If you meet all of the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Please make sure that your responses to the assessment questions are supported in your resume. Follow all instructions carefully as incomplete answers, errors, or omissions may affect your rating. Your rating will be invalid if you fail to include a narrative reply to any assessment question(s) that requires further explanation or your reply is "see resume."
All applicants will be rated based on their responses to the assessment questions, in conjunction with the following Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Expert knowledge of techniques and practices used to develop, implement, and maintain web systems.
- Expert knowledge of Java/JEE, User Interface (UI) programming and relational database in order to develop systems that are user friendly and meets user requirements.
- Knowledge of DevOps pipeline tools and processes, Atlassian JIRA, LifeRay, Test Automation and System Security tools.
- Skill in communicating strategies or techniques to organizational management that will enhance the usability of web applications.
- Skill in assessing and evaluating IT programs and projects; and providing technical advice organizational management or personnel.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation