INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (APPSW)
All applicants must be U.S. citizens and are subject to a thorough background inquiry.
1. Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills to compose and to deliver responses to moderately complex questions in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
2. Independently seeks solutions and responds quickly and accurately to queries and problems while exercising sound judgment.
3. Works independently to create accurately written, complex products tailored to a specific audience in an easily understandable manner.
4. Architects, designs and implements solutions in Amazon Web Services (AWS) using EC2, S3 and Lambda, or similar cloud-based technologies.
5. Develops cloud engineering design principles, system design and engineering principles, methods, and tools for integrating components (e.g., network equipment, protocols, telephony) into a functional system or prototype.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
1. Experience with software development principles, methods, and tools for designing, developing, coding, testing and deploying software, and experience in working in an agile environment.
2. Experience with computer/network security concepts principles, theories, and methods for the design, development, analysis, testing, and securing of computer networks.
3. Experience with geospatial Information Systems, AWS (or similar) cloud infrastructure, web applications and/or large systems software design and development, with extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux.
All Applicants must meet the following minimum qualification requirements in order to be considered for this position:
Requirements may be met either through Education and/or Experience and/or a combination of both.
All academic degrees and coursework must be from accredited or pre-accredited institutions. The coursework must be either undergraduate or graduate and must include a minimum of 24 semester hours in one, or a combination of the following: computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management.
GG-07 : One (1) full year of graduate level education; or Bachelor's degree with superior academic achievement
GG-09: Master's degree or equivalent graduate degree; OR two (2) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree
GG-11 and above: Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree; OR three (3) full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree
• Must be IT-related (paid or unpaid);
• May have involved the completion of specific and intensive training (for example, IT certification);
• Should have equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and should have been gained in the same or related field as the work of the position being filled;
• Should have been gained in the IT field or through the performance of work where the primary concern was IT;
• Should consist of at least one year at a level equivalent to the next lower GG level;
• Must have demonstrated each of the following four competencies:
1. Attention to detail: thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail;
2. Customer Service: works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations, knows about available products and services and is committed to providing quality products and services;
3. Oral Communication: effectively expresses information, takes into account the audience and nature of the information, makes clear and convincing oral presentations, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues and responds appropriately;
4. Problem Solving: identifies problems, determines accuracy and relevance of information, uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and makes appropriate recommendations.
Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your application must include sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position to which you are applying. To view this position's requirements, click Vacancies to be directed to DIA's online application system. Please make note of the position title and 6-digit Job Opening ID number to which you are interested. You can scroll to the bottom of the page to locate the announcement or click on the “Advanced Search” link and enter in the 6-digit Job Opening ID number in the “Job Opening ID” field.Read more Security clearance Top Secret/SCI