Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC)
25% or less - Some Travel required for this position
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
.Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement.
If you are qualifying based on education OR if there are mandatory education requirements listed below, you MUST submit a copy of your college transcript with your application.
Applicants applying for the GS-13 grade level must meet the following requirements:Have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the four competencies AND specialized experience listed below:
- Attention to Detail -Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail;
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately;
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations;
- Experience developing and interpreting policies, procedures, and strategies governing the planning, delivery, and security of information services.
- Experience providing and implementing recommendations to senior management on complex/controversial IT issues;
- Experience applying total infrastructure protection environment and systems security certification and accreditation requirements and processes.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-13 position.
See the qualifications section of this vacancy announcement for education requirements, if applicable.
For reasonable accommodation at the U.S. Department of State, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at (202) 663-3474 or ReasonableAccommodations@state.gov.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement if additional vacancies in the same title, series, grade, and unit occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
- Under the provisions of the Direct-Hire Authority, veterans' preference does not apply.
For this announcement, all applicants will be reviewed to determine if they meet the qualifications for this position, specifically the education, specialized experience, and knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) necessary to perform the work of the position. Applicants will not be rated or ranked. All applications that are verified to meet the required qualifications will be referred to the selecting official in the order in which the applications were received.
All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated by a resume. If, upon review, it is determined that your resume and/or supporting documents do not support your answer choices, your application will be removed from further consideration.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following knowledge, skills, abilities (KSAs) and other characteristics that are relevant to the duties of this position and must be fully supported by information in your resume:
- Knowledge of information technology specialty areas (e.g., application systems design, database management, computer equipment, software systems)
- Knowledge of information technology life cycle management concepts
- Knowledge of Information Assurance methods and procedures
Please ensure that your resume and narrative responses provide enough detailed information to support your answers to the self-assessment questions.
Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) candidates must be well qualified for the position to receive consideration for special priority. Candidates are considered well qualified if their knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) exceed the minimum qualifications described in the announcement.
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply. All applicants interested in this position must apply online in order to receive consideration.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret