6 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Completed the requirements for a bachelor's (or graduate) degree in a biological science, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to this position, from an accredited college or university.
Have a combination of experience and education which includes courses comparable to a major in a biological science, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry or related disciplines appropriate to this position, AND have appropriate experience or additional education which demonstrates similarly appropriate skills or abilities needed to perform the duties of this position.
In addition to meeting the occupational requirements, you must meet the following:
Have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: independently developing, planning, and implementing research into biological organisms; developing new methods for collecting, studying, developing, assembling, and/or analyzing factual data; conducting comprehensive investigations; developing and preparing comprehensive reports, analytical interpretations, conclusions, or recommendations, typically for publication; using a variety of laboratory instruments to perform analyses; developing new protocols and procedures to use in conducting studies; managing the day-to-day operation of a research laboratory including coordinating activities of diverse laboratory research projects and personnel, and ensuring availability of equipment and supplies.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10263280
This position has an education requirement. You are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts (or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application package. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- This position is designated as a "non-emergency/non-teleworker" position and the selected candidate will be considered a "non-emergency/non-teleworker" employee.
- A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- A pre-employment medical examination is required.
- PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should also apply online to this announcement in order to receive consideration.
- We may make additional selections for similar positions within the commuting area(s) of the locations listed through this vacancy announcement.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application and responses to the online questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating and Selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
- - Best Qualified - for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
- - Well Qualified - for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
- - Qualified - for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications by scoring at least an 85 on the assessment and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and any other requirements. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No