Relocation expenses reimbursed No
A. Have completed a Master's or equivalent graduate degree, or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or an LL.B. or J.D. Education must be related to the position to be qualifying;
B. Have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-07 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: preparing preliminary budget estimates and reviewing justifications for a few relatively stable program and/or program support activities; performing routine budget execution assignments to track funds; and preparing routine budget reports using financial programs and software;
C. Have a combination of post baccalaureate education related to the position and experience that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position
In order to qualify for a Budget Analyst position at the GS-11 level, you must:
A. Have completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or an LL.M. Education must be related to the position to be qualifying;
B. Have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: reviewing budgetary and financial management guidance, policies, and procedures for program offices; preparing portions of operational budget forecasts and estimates; writing narrative justifications of projected funding needs; and preparing budget reports covering the status of funds, expenses, and obligations;
C. Have a combination of post baccalaureate education related to the position and experience that meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
In order to qualify for a Budget Analyst position at the GS-12 level, you must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: serving as a point of contact on the interpretation and application of organizational guidelines for the budget execution process; draft budgetary and financial policies and procedures for parent and subordinate offices; summarizing budgetary data from various sources and offices to develop budget models (Static, Zero-based, Activity-based); recommending budgetary adjustments to support requests for increases, decreases, or movement of funds.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10239412
If you qualify based on education in lieu of specialized experience, you are strongly encouraged to submit a copy of your transcripts or a list of your courses including titles, credit hours completed and grades. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted in the application packages. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer. Click here for information on Foreign Education
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. If you need any other accommodation or assistance with applying please contact at .
- This position is designated as a "non-emergency/teleworker" position and the selected candidate will be considered a "non-emergency/teleworker" employee. In the event of a closure, you must be available to telework or request leave.
- A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should also apply online to this announcement in order to receive consideration.
- At the supervisor's discretion, this position may offer work schedule flexibilities: [telework, remote work, compressed schedules, flexible schedules].
- We may make additional selections for similar positions within the commuting area(s) of the locations listed through this vacancy announcement.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application and responses to the online questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating and Selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
- - Best Qualified - for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
- - Well Qualified - for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
- - Qualified - for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications by scoring at least an 85 on the assessment and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and any other requirements. Read more Security clearance Public Trust - Background Investigation Drug test required No