Education Support Spec II
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Low to mid $40s
Web Announcement :
The George Mason University, College of Humanities and Social Science, Global Affairs and Global Programs invites applications for a Program Assistant. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsibilities: The program is looking for an organized, high-energy person who will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The position provides administrative support to the director of the program; is responsible for management of the main office; and provides excellent customer service to students, faculty and alumni of the program. Additional responsibilities include:
- Provides general office management (i.e., budget, technology, scheduling, equipment, human resources and payroll coordination);
- Processes purchase orders, travel and reimbursements;
- Schedules meetings and manages program events (faculty meetings, orientations, information sessions, receptions);
- Coordinates the hiring of adjunct instructors and graduate assistants;
- Maintains student files and records consisting of official and confidential information; and
- Supervises a Federal Work-Study student assistants.
- A bachelorâ€™s degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
- Ability to work collaboratively with other offices across the university;
- Ability to efficiently schedule meetings and events involving multiple people using calendar and scheduling software;
- Professional and effective oral and written communication skills to maintain and build relationships with Mason faculty and staff, students, the general public, and external audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as successfully in a team;
- Enthusiasm for new technology and applications for communication, outreach and event promotion; and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly. Preferred Qualifications:
- Social media and basic website know-how; and
- Previous experience in an academic office setting.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :