Administrative and Office Specialist III
Job Category : Classified Staff
Working hours :
Salary : Commensurate with education and experience.
Web Announcement :
Assistant to the Director & Marketing Coordinator, School of Music
This position is an integral part of a dynamic and vibrant team that provides support for the School of Music faculty, students, alumni, and community of supporters. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Serve as communications liaison between Director, School of Music and students/faculty/community;
- Manage calendar/schedule for Director, School of Music;
- Schedule meetings, record minutes, and prepare meeting technology for the School of Music;
- Ensure efficiency of academic processes, e.g., faculty evaluations, faculty and staff searches, promotion and tenure processes;
- Purchase office supplies and ensemble music according to University procurement guidelines ;
- Supervise student office assistants and marketing intern;
- Design bi-weekly Constant Contact newsletters promoting upcoming concerts, initiatives, accomplishments, etc.;
- Edit WordPress website and maintain image inventory; and
- Curate social media platforms, including Facebook and Instagram with the assistance of an intern. Required Qualifications
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent combination of education/experience;
- Performing arts knowledge;
- Must navigate databases, spreadsheets, Google calendar, Word Press or similar platform, and new technology with ease;
- Attention to detail in scheduling meetings with appropriate follow-up on email conversations;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent oral communication skills; and
- Detail-oriented in all aspects. Desirable traits
- Creative problem-solver; and
- Ability to plan and implement creative marketing initiatives for School of Music in collaboration with the College of Visual and Performing Arts marketing team.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date : 2018-08-27