Certified Strength & Conditioning Coach
Job Category : Student Wage / Non-Student Wage
Working hours :
Salary : $15.00 / hour
Web Announcement :
Certified Strength & Conditioning Coach
The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking qualified applicants for a part-time wage position as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Masonâ€™s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Responsbilities: Teaching and Coaching
- Utilize sound teaching techniques in the development and implementation of comprehensive training programs for the student-athletes.
- Effectively prepare and organize pre-season, in-season and post-season conditioning programs and practice sessions.
- Oversee the strength and conditioning development of the athletes.
- Be aware and maintain a safe and healthy environment for the student-athlete.
- Design and implement programs that are to be aimed at decreasing the occurrence of preventable injury, enhancing athletic performance and providing the student-athlete with a better understanding of oneâ€™s self. Department, University, Conference and NCAA Compliance
- Abide by and promote the aims, goals, and objectives established by the Athletic Director and Head Coach.
- Abide by and promote the policies, guidelines, rules, regulations and criteria established by the Athletic Director and Head Coach for the student-athlete.
- Know, understand and assure that the student-athletes abide by all the University, Atlantic 10, and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Rules and Regulations.
- Know, understand and abide by all University, A10 and NCAA Rules and Regulations.
- Be aware and abide by the rules of confidentiality (Buckley Amendment and HIPAA/FERPA).
- Understand and abide by proper procedures of due process in dealing with the student-athlete and staff.
- Follow the administrative procedures established by the University and written up in the Department Staff Handbook. Other Duties
- Perform other duties as requested by the Assistant Vice President/Director of Intercollegiate Athletics or Sr. Associate AD for Performance, Well-Being, Risk Management. Required Qualifications:
- Weight training certification as a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Current CPR/AED/1st aid certifications from a nationally recognized authority.
- A criminal background check will be required for this position.
Special Instructions : For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
MasonAd : Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report Up and Coming spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Masons diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Equity Statement : George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Close Date :