General Superintendent, Rail Car Maintenance
- Full Time
Job Description MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, a high school diploma or GED and four (4) years of progressively more responsible experience, including supervision, in rapid transit car maintenance management can be considered.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in rapid transit car management, or other applicable industry experience is required.
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license issued by the jurisdiction of residence.
- Provides leadership, direction and supervision over activities in the following areas: maintenance, inspection, cleaning and repair of all rolling stock revenue and non-revenue equipment at the Service and Inspection repair shops and at the major repair facility.
- Establishes and ensures the communication, understanding and enforcement of operating rules and regulations Participates in the planning, development, management and implementation of policies Ensures the enforcement of safety policies and programs, reviews problem or potential problem areas to determine the need for changes Develops scheduling and control procedures for car maintenance Coordinates car maintenance, both within and external to the Office
- Participates in developing, planning and implementing the department’s preventive maintenance, component over haul and rehabilitation, and replacement programs. Conducts special studies and investigations, and serves as a troubleshooter or special projects officer, as directed. Serves as department representative responsible for ensuring all new railcar maintenance systems are state-of-the-art, and responsive to system and user needs. Implements sound employee relations practices within the parameters of the Authority personnel policy and union contracts.
- Personal Interview Skills Assessments Verification of education and experience Criminal Background Check Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report