- Full Time
- Bachelor’s degree in Automotive, Mechanical, Chemical or related engineering field
- In lieu of Bachelor’s Degree, a High School Diploma or GED and four (4) years of experience in bus or automotive equipment maintenance, responsible for scheduling periodic and special maintenance activities or developing and analyzing maintenance programs for a large mass transit organization.
- Five (5) years of experience in bus or automotive equipment maintenance, and scheduling periodic and special maintenance activities; or the development and analysis of maintenance programs for a large mass transit organization.
Ability to satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position. Must be able to perform the essential functions of this job either with or without reasonable accommodation(s).
The Fluids Analyst is responsible for improving mechanical component performance and reliability by identifying and analyzing fuel, oil, lubricants and other fluid reports to determine levels of fluid contamination and abnormal wear patterns.
- Oversees the Bus Fluid Analysis Program to include training, as well as the creation and monitoring of work orders (enter into Asset Management System – i.e. Maximo) to address critical fluid analysis results used in the Authority’s assets. Generates graphs and spreadsheets detailing trends and fluids analysis compliance.
- Reviews fluid consumption reports, laboratory reports and data for maintenance operations to assist in the determination of future sampling requirements, corrective action and to provide information concerning component life cycles to management for use in budget and procurement decisions.
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive computerized quality management system for tracking oil and fluid samples. Reviews maintenance records, including fuel, oil, other fluids, inspection and reports to ensure adherence to fluids analysis procedures. Monitors all bulk fluids reports, to ensure compliance with Authority contracts and specifications.
- Maintains up to date files relating to equipment configuration changes and fluids analysis and performance reports for each asset, to ensure all documentation is available to maintenance staff for reference.
- Develops fleet-wide job plans to resolve problems related to fuel, oil, lubricants, gasoline and other fluids used by the Authority. Assists in developing specifications for yearly contracts to procure these items.
- Reviews mileage and other performance reports from the various bus maintenance divisions and shops. Analyzes fluid consumption and component overhaul data in order to increase engine and transmission reliability and life cycles.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job Descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.