Associate Services Design Engineer
Join an innovative team that is responsible for evolving the customer experience by establishing globalized connectivity without boundaries. By reaching beyond the satellite industry to leverage the broader communications landscape, our vision will define the performance and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
This position is with the Intelsat Services Design Engineering team. Part of the Network Engineering organization, The Services Design team is responsible for design and support of all the services infrastructure and configuration of ground systems for various products offered by Intelsat. Some of the Services include Managed Media (Intelsat's media customers include all major US and World broadcasters and cable service providers), IP and Broadband services to land based and mobile customers (Intelsat's Broadband customers include major Telcos, Cellular service providers and various maritime and aero mobility services providers).
As a part of this team, the Associate Engineer will be working with seasoned engineers to help design, implement and support a wide array of products and services. Intelsat provides excellent external and internal training opportunities as well as mentoring for new engineers to learn from the best of the breed in the industry.
- Support the team with Design and support of existing and proposed products and services.
- Provide level 3 infrastructure support to the operations team.
- Usage of analytical skills to resolve issues related to systems.
- Help with documentation of best practice procedures.
- Understanding of structured design, deployment, end-to-end service flow and testing.
- Implement and validate fault and performance systems before implementation is complete.
- Participate in meetings and activities to support Network Engineering projects and initiatives.
- Documentation of designs, architecture and site architecture drawings.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Candidate must be able to think analytically and use data from systems to correlate and solve issues.
- Candidate must be comfortable working with various Microsoft software programs.
- Programming/Scripting skills in languages like Python are a plus.
- Working knowledge of computer networks is strongly desired.
- Working knowledge of Telecommunication networks is a plus (Candidates with basic understanding of the OSI 7-layer model preferred
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.