Administrative Assistant to the CFO
PD18-13 Monday, 19th March 2018 Finance Main Office
10400 Detrick Avenue
4 Year Degree
This is a professional position responsible for providing administrative support for the Chief Financial Officer and the Finance Division by providing confidential executive-level administrative duties. Requires extensive knowledge of office procedures, policies and practices in order to assure the proper coordination of project tasks such as reviewing specialized reports, dissemination of information to personnel and maintaining files. Coordinate and schedule meetings, interviews and appointments. Maintain control of records of incoming correspondence and action documents and follows up on work in progress to ensure timely reply or action. Review all incoming and outgoing correspondence for accuracy and completeness before going to CFO for signature. Coordinate preparation of monthly packet items and quarterly Budget and Finance Committee reports.
- Requires an Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years administrative experience in an office environment
- Knowledge of and ability to apply the fundamentals of business English, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Ability to compose concise, accurate correspondence
- Good interpersonal skills with people from varied backgrounds
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to exhibit discretion and sound judgment when dealing with confidential matters
- Proficiency in Word and Outlook
- Familiarity with Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and Internet
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Low income residents in Montgomery County with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.