IT SPECIALIST (CUSTSPT)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Attention to Detail- experience reviewing my own information technology-related work or data and have been asked by others to review their work or data to ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency with standards.
Customer Service- experience maintaining relationships with customers, assessing current information technology needs of customers, and developing or identifying information technology products and services that are tailored to meet customer needs.
Oral Communication- briefing mid-level management and IT staff on the status of information technology systems, projects, or daily operations, including the communication of technical information to a non-technical audience.
Problem Solving- identifying alternatives to address complex information technology-related issues by gathering and applying information from a variety of sources that provide a number of potential solutions.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement, qualified applicants must possess: One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade GS-11 within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as: experience with service provisioning, basic transmission, voice data; internet protocol routing security criteria, methodologies, techniques, processes and management of customer requirements and IT-related experience demonstrating Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving as described in the vacancy announcement.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
- Competitive wages, flexible schedules and one of the most comprehensive benefits packages found in either government or private sector. These extraordinary benefits encompass health, pay, work/life balance, growth & learning.
- Moving costs MAY be paid--however--moving costs must be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives MAY be authorized.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required
- This is a Drug Testing position.
- Incumbent is subject to recall or call back during off shift hours, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Incumbent may be subject to varying work shifts and work shift rotation for mission support requirement of 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, if required by upper management.
- Prior to reporting for duty, the selectee must hold a current DoD Top Secret security clearance based upon an Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI), and be favorably adjudicated and approved for Presidential Support Duty in accordance with Department of Defense Directive 5210.55 (Yankee White - Category II, minimum). Additionally, the incumbent SHALL be approved for access to Special Compartmented Information (SCI).
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see www.sss.gov).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 90, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. We will review your resume and supporting documentation and compare this information to your responses on the occupational questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications for this job. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
- Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualifications and demonstrates minimum experience and/or training only based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Highly Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates full-performance level experience based on responses to occupational questionnaire.
- Best Qualified Category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates experience as an expert in the field or recognized as a senior specialist, team lead, etc.
- Configuration Management
- Customer Service
- Information Systems/Network Security