Director- Combatant Command Support
Occasional travel - Travel is 25% or greater and includes travel to national and international locations, to include official travel into hazardous duty zones.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
To meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position, you must show in your resume that you possess the five (ECQs), three TQs and any other Specialized Education Requirements.
You must submit a separate narrative statement that addresses each MANDATORY TQ related specifically to this position as well as the ECQs related to all positions in the SES. Your narrative statements should include specific examples of experience, education, and accomplishments, applicable to the position. DO NOT EXCEED 10 pages for your narrative statements addressing all ECQs. For further information and assistance in preparing your narrative statements, please see the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) publication, "A Guide to SES Qualifications," available on the OPM web site at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/senior-executive-service/reference-materials/guidetosesquals_2012.pdf
ExecutiveCore Qualification (ECQs):
ECQ 1 - LEADING CHANGE: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
ECQ 2 - LEADING PEOPLE: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
ECQ 3 - RESULTS DRIVEN: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
ECQ 4 - BUSINESS ACUMEN: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
ECQ 5 - BUILDING COALITIONS: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
Do not exceed a total of 10 pages for ECQ narratives.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS: All applicants must submit written statements (narrative format) of accomplishments that would satisfy the technical qualifications. You must address each technical qualification separately. Please limit your written statements no more than two pages per TQ.
All applicants must submit written statements (narrative format) of accomplishments that would satisfy the technical requirements. You must address each TQ separately. You are required to respond to all the TQ. If you fail to do so, you will be rated as ineligible.
1. Demonstrated experience in successfully leading, managing and directing a large technical and operational organization, with a varied, complex, and ever changing mission. Must have experience in organizational design, administration, oversight of subordinate organizations, including geographically dispersed units, and coordination and interaction of activities with a wide variety of Federal and private organizations, nationally and internationally.
2. Experience demonstrating a thorough understanding of national security policy, mission readiness and operations involving WMD threats and responses, including nuclear, chemical, biological and radiological weapons and CWMD Intelligence sufficient to set Agency priorities and provide strategic analysis to develop plans into specific projects or programs to prepare for and combat WMD enabling nuclear deterrence.
3. Extensive experience in program formulation, defense, and execution to include all phases of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution cycle or an equivalent large scale budgeting system.
Failure to meet any one of the technical qualifications requirements automatically disqualifies an applicant.
No Specialized Educational Requirements.
- This is a Tier 2 position. Salaries for Tier 2 positions range from $148,267 to $183,000.
- This position is in the Senior Executive Service, a small elite group of top government leaders. SES members possess a diverse portfolio of experiences including strong skills to lead across organizations.
- As an executive you will influence the direction of innovation and transformation of the federal government and lead the next generation of public servants.
- This position is emergency-essential (E-E). In the event of a crisis situation, the incumbent or designated alternate, must continue to perform the duties until relieved by proper authority. The incumbent or the designated authority may be required to take part in readiness exercises. This position cannot be vacated during a national emergency or mobilization without seriously impairing the capability of the organization to function effectively; therefore, the position is designated "key" which requires the incumbent, or the designated alternate to be screened from military recall status.
- Financial Disclosure: Required. Senior Executives are required to comply with the provisions of the Ethics in Government Act, PL 95-521, which requires the submission of a financial disclosure statement (OGE-278), upon assuming an SES position. This must be submitted annually and upon termination of employment.
- Background Investigation: This position is designated special sensitive as defined in DoD 5200.2-R and therefore requires that a personnel security investigation be adjudicated for security eligibility on a pre-appointment basis. This requirement may take 120 days or longer to process. The incumbent must complete a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and favorable adjudication by a determining authority and be eligible for a Top Secret clearance and access to sensitive compartmented information (SCI). If selected for Federal employment, you will be required to complete a "Declaration of Federal Employment," (OF-306), prior to being appointed to determine your suitability for Federal employment and to authorize a background check.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and supporting documents, will be reviewed for completeness, adherence to the instructions in this announcement in order to determine eligibility for the quality and extent of your total accomplishments, experience and education as it relates to the fundamental competencies required for this position. Once eligibility determinations are conducted, applicants determined eligible for further consideration will be evaluated by a rating and ranking panel, and highly qualified candidates may undergo an interview and a reference check.
Volunteer Experience: Your Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.