Early Head Start Lead Teacher
If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. With the guidance of the Early Learning Director and direction from the Head Start Performance Standards, assists in co-constructing, researching, documenting, planning, organizing, implementing and advocating for children 6 weeks - 3 years old in a culturally responsive environment that is relationship based and rich in materials and possibilities. They observe and listen in collaboration with their colleagues to children to know how to proceed with the work. Teachers will develop and implement individual plans for children. They are responsible for implementing to fidelity the research based curriculum, and the ongoing assessment, Teaching Strategies GOLD, using research based instructional practices, working together on a team, aligning of materials and resources to support strong child outcomes, and other teacher leadership responsibilities.
1. Use assessment data analyzed by teacher teams in Teaching Strategies GOLD to guide curriculum, transition, and individual/group plan decisions.
2. Implement the Creative curriculum with the guidance from the Reggio Emilia philosophy to promote children's development and learning.
3. In collaboration with each child's parent and with parental consent complete the ASQ-3 and ASQ - SE to identify concerns regarding a child's developmental, behavioral, motor, language, social, cognitive, and emotional skills during a home visit.
4. Prioritize the health/safety and social/emotional well-being for children in the program and to promote a culture of excellence and family
5. Attend and participate in all scheduled trainings such as community of practices, engage in coaching cycles with assigned coach, reflective supervision and in collaboration with the director develop PDP for own professional development.
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.