Office of Institutional Advancement,
Career Services and Alumni Relations
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 1.2
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is seeking a Communications Specialist in the Office of Institutional Advancement, Career Services and Alumni Relations. Reporting to the Senior Communication Specialist, the Communications Specialist is responsible for coordinating, producing and maintaining communications of career and alumni content; including but not limited to social media, blogs, and web. Occasional travel required.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Plans and implements a social media communication strategy targeting UMUC's alumni community to drive engagement and followers to develop, increase and enhance alumni social media channel membership and alumni website engagement to boost participation, volunteerism, connection to career resources, and enhance the reputation of UMUC and the alumni network.
- Plans and implements editorial calendar(s) to identify and generate content for the UMUC alumni website, career services blog, and career services resource platform.
- Creates, manages, and schedules content on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and others as needed to include writing social media posts and creating videos to support Career Services and Alumni Relations' business objectives.
- Maintains, updates and oversees the design of the alumni website and career services blog.
- Ensures UMUC branding standards are consistent in all related communications.
- Provides monthly and ad hoc reports on data related to website traffic, social media communities, email metrics, etc.
- Drives customer experience by supporting and engaging alumni social media volunteers.
- Support career and alumni centered events, including day-of-event support, and implements communication strategies to increase event attendance and engagement.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field. One (1) to two (2) years of experience in communications. Experience creating and posting business related content on major social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Experience using web-based analytics tools. Strong writing and editing skills for both digital and print platforms.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Alumni Relations or Career Services experience in a higher education setting; working knowledge of a web content management system or web publishing; demonstrated ability to work responsibly and independently.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.