Coordinator for Outreach - English Language Programs, CIED
The English Language Programs, funded by the U.S. Department of State, sends experienced U.S. TESOL professionals to educational institutions on short- and long-term assignments in all regions of the world. Short-term participants, Specialists, and long-term participants, Fellows, are cultural ambassadors who promote English language learning and mutual understanding through cultural exchange. The Center for Intercultural Education and Development (CIED) at Georgetown University is the current administrator of English Language Programs.
The Coordinator for Outreach is a key member of the Outreach team for the English Language Programs (ELP). The primary objectives of the Outreach team include recruiting new applicants to the program, building ties with partner institutions and leaders in the TESOL field, involving current participants in Outreach projects, and providing engagement opportunities for alumni. These objectives are met using a variety of in-person and digital means, including regional and national conferences, special events, social media, the program website, an online participant community of practice, recruitment webinars, and newsletters. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develops a communications strategy and implementation plan (in conjunction with the Manager)
- Identifies stories and events of key interest to external audiences for press releases
- Identifies and/or develops interesting and relevant content to feature in the quarterly program newsletters
- Handles administrative COP tasks such as adding new members, changing member roles as needed, editing text and content formatting.
- Monitors daily activity on the COP to ensure all new contributions are appropriate, program-related questions are answered, and participant activity is encouraged.
- Moderates the Highlights page, corresponding with authors with questions and edits, publishing final drafts
- Selects COP Highlights to be published on the website as participant Stories, editing as needed
- Prepares digital materials for distribution at the PDO, including flash drives and the PDO app
- Coordinates with other Outreach teams (social media, conferences and events, new projects) to ensure communications and all Outreach projects are carefully coordinated to ensure maximum effect
- Records and analyzes engagement data and tracks participant contributions
- Builds and maintains alumni database, overseeing the collection of updated current data to support multiple needs (finding alumni who live in a particular location, who graduated from a specific institution, who were participants in a specific country, etc.)
- Plans and implements existing and new projects to engage program alumni, working in close coordination with the Manager for Outreach and other Outreach team members, including, but not limited to
- TESOL conferences: providing opportunities for alumni engagement at conferences (alumni breakfast, presenting about the program, conference grants, networking with colleagues)
- Alumni Ambassador program: selection of 12 ambassadors every calendar year and curation of their contribution during their designated month and beyond as applicable (article on the ELP website, COP interview and postings, participation at conferences and school visits, etc)
- Alumni packet content creation and distribution
- TESOL Community Networking Event at the Fellow Pre-departure orientation
- Alumni 50th Anniversary in 2019
- Creates reports on progress with marketing project and activities
- Identifies key measure of success and develops methods for tracking and reporting on those measures
- Disseminates reports to Manager for Outreach, ELP Director, ECA, CIED, and others as required and requested
- Travels to annual TESOL convention and regional conferences to promote the program, as needed
- Travels to mid-year events to engage with current participants, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's Degree in TESOL or related field, or Bachelor's Degree in TESOL or related field, with commensurate experience
- Experience with online social media platforms and/or database/client management systems and/or online teaching/training
- Demonstrated skills in writing and editing for multiple media
- Exemplary collaborative capacity
- Exceptionally strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Ability to independently establish objectives, plan, direct, and evaluate all aspects of work projects
- Ability to understand, synthesize, and conceptualize input and requests from multiple stakeholders
- Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communications skills with ability to interact and communicate in a positive manner with a diverse clientele, including universities, membership organizations, Program candidates and government employees
- Demonstrated effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Ability to travel both in the United States and internationally, as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software applications
- Alumnus or alumna of the U.S. Department of State English Language Fellow or Specialist Programs
- Experience working with federally funded exchange programs and/or educational programs
- Experience living and working overseas
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website.
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.