Technician / Help Desk
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
As a Help Desk Technician, you'll be on the front lines providing the first-class support The Washington Post employees need to succeed. Under general supervision, you'll triage, investigate, document and resolve incidents and service requests — all with a customer focused lense which acts as the cornerstone of our support team.
Challenges you may encounter on the job daily will deal with PC and Mac architecture and operating systems, telephones and specialized equipment/software.
- Provide first-class phone/in-person support of PCs, Macs, tablets and smart devices.
- Troubleshoot Windows and Apple desktop software Support remote access for end users
- Provision, integrate, troubleshoot and maintain PC and Macintosh clients in an active directory environment
- Document, monitor and resolve incidents and complete work requests per Service Level Agreement (SLA) and departmental procedures
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field. Experience considered in lieu of degree.
- 2-3+ years of experience configuring/maintaining Windows and Macintosh computers in an active directory environment
- Experience with helpdesk ticketing systems and best practices
- Knowledge of local area networks and network protocols (such as DNS, SMTP and TCP/IP)
- Working knowledge of software deployment systems (e.g. Ivanti, Jamf, SCCM etc.)
- Understanding of software as a service platforms
- Experience performing basic system administration tasks in an active directory
- Experience supporting Office 365 and other various productivity suites