Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
The Email Manager reports to the Marketing Director and develops and implements strategies that inspire and grow CI’s email community and mobile action network, sustain audience engagement, and position prospects for conversion.
This position is a key member of the team accountable for delivering targeted email subscriber growth, contributing to forecasted web traffic and partnering with development to achieve online donation goals.
S/he will manage CI’s monthly email communication and mobile action network and work cross-departmentally to identify and implement relevant and timely email communications designed to sustain audience engagement.
In addition, the Email Manager will be responsible for handling CI’s community email box, routing messages and ensuring timely responses. S/he will also be tasked with supporting any other marketing initiatives for the organization as needed.
Email and Online Community Engagement:
- Write and produce engagement email copy that encourages CI’s community to take action or donate. Secure necessary internal approvals and distribute to various stakeholders for design, build and delivery. Have capacity to build emails as needed.
- Work with development and the web team to track and benchmark email performance.
- Work with web team on continual community growth optimization, including stronger website calls-to-action and optimal conversion pathways.
- Make recommendations to the Marketing Director for improving email and online engagement and conversion rates through segmentation, testing, content and user experience optimization.
- Identify and implement list building opportunities through CI’s digital channels, namely email and the mobile action network.
Mobile Action Network:
- Under the guidance of the marketing director, grow CI’s mobile action network of followers through bi-monthly communications through our SMS system, sustain audience engagement and position prospects for conversion.
- Typical office environment.
- 4-6 years of experience in digital campaigning/ strategy, organizing, or marketing – including email writing and list building, database management and segmentation, and online fundraising.
- Ability to produce high-quality content in a short period of time, and to switch gears easily between issues and channels.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing/ communications/related field.
- Detail-oriented and well organized with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to think creatively and innovatively and thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; possessing cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Extensive experience with social listening tools, CRM, SMS.
A passion for nature, sustainability or environmental conservation.
Desire and willingness to stay on top of emerging trends in email marketing.
Basic HTML/CSS coding skills.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter.
Conservation International is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. It is the policy of CI to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. CI offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you require an application accommodation due to a disability, please e-mail your request to email@example.com and include "accommodation" in the subject line.
We expect that all employees will embrace the values of our organization.
Passion: We are inspired by nature and cherish the diversity of life in all of its forms.
Respect: We respect and trust each other, and we embrace our diversity of cultures, talents, and experiences.
Integrity: We act with integrity and are accountable for our actions.
Optimism: We are optimistic about the future of life on Earth and are confident that, with our partners, we will achieve unprecedented conservation results.
Courage: We tirelessly pursue our vision, taking bold action and persevering through challenges.
Teamwork: We work together, recognizing that openness, collaboration and cooperation are fundamental to achieving a healthy and prosperous world for all.