Software Developer - Flexible Schedule
Looking for a US Citizen mid-level software developer in Reston, VA to support current applications and build new software systems and next generation toolset with Java and Microsoft.NET environment. Build applications in heavy data environment to collect data from devices in real time environment and process large volume of data and make it available to engineering applications.
This position will have design, development and deployment responsibilities for sections of the company’s information systems. The Software Developer will have hands on responsibility to collect requirements, develop new software/fix bugs, test it and deploy it.
- Work with users, analysts, engineers to gather functional and technical requirements
- Design/develop scalable software systems: web apps/services, console apps, app libraries, etc.
- Work with enterprise integration, message queuing/reporting platforms for software delivery
- Design and develop application software modules that support software reuse
- Develop custom apps and provide support to meet company and customer needs
- Support maintenance and troubleshooting of third party software tools
- Develop prototypes to established requirements and design
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Software design, development, data and system architecture and design
- Data/system architecture/design, Object Oriented concepts (e.g., Java and Microsoft.NET)
- Enterprise Java programming environment
- Develop SQL databases (SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres); NoSQL databases
- Deal with “heavy data” environments ; process massive amounts of data received from real-time data collection devices
- Must be US Citizen and be able to obtain a government security clearance.
Highly Desired Skills
- Work with network devices such as Switches, Routers, Satellite Modems using SNMP, etc.
- Prior experience in UNIX/Linux environments and tools such as Perl, PHP, etc. (a strong plus)
- Massive amount of data; Real-time environment, tools like Mulesoft, Service Now, API platforms
Apply for Software Developer - Flexible Schedule
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly