Cross Connection Control Program Coordinator
7 days left
- Full Time
Under general supervision of the Distribution Engineer coordinates the development, implementation, and administration of Fairfax Water’s Cross Connection Control and Backflow Prevention Program (CCCP). Develops policies, plans, and procedures and educates customers, staff, and the public about the importance of cross connection control and prevention. Performs periodic program audits; establishes and maintains program goals and metrics to monitor key activities.
- Performs technical, administrative, and collaborative work in the implementation of the CCCP. Coordinates the development, implementation, and administration of policies, procedures, plans, recordkeeping, public education, and agreements with County and City building officials implementing a joint CCCP.
- Serves as Fairfax Water’s CCCP designated individual.
- Ensures compliance with the requirements of applicable drinking water laws, regulations, rules, standards, policies, procedures, and industry accepted best management practices as related to the CCCP. Monitors and remains aware of changes in related laws and regulations; recommends program changes as needed.
- Coordinates and collaborates with other Fairfax Water staff having associated CCCP roles and responsibilities in Finance, Laboratory, Planning and Engineering, Production, and Transmission and Distribution to achieve program objectives. Develops, monitors, and updates related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Coordinates the CCCP training and certification of Fairfax Water personnel.
- Maintains, updates, monitors, and enforces CCCP agreements and SOPs with CCCP jurisdictional partners to achieve program objectives; promotes ongoing and effective interjurisdictional communication and cooperation.
- Reviews plans, drawings, inspection reports, and other data to assure regulatory compliance; investigates complaints of violation; prepares related correspondence and reports; contacts customers notified of violations; performs cross connection surveys, inspections, and testing as required; evaluates situations and makes recommendations.
- Prepares and maintains reports and records; compiles or monitors various statistical data; works with related databases and recordkeeping systems to ensure maintenance and availability of complete and accurate CCCP data.
- Administers periodic program performance audits; establishes and maintains program goals and metrics to monitor key activities.
- Develops, implements, and maintains effective public education programs and outreach materials for all types of customers who obtain water from the Fairfax Water system. Communicates the requirements, intent, and enforcement procedures of the CCCP to customers, developers, and others.
- Participates in regional, state, national, industry, and other relevant associations, teams, and networks.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Graduation from high school or GED and a minimum of four years of practical experience in water distribution systems, or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and knowledge.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and the principles and practices of backflow prevention and cross connection control in water distribution systems.
- Knowledge of cross connection control and backflow prevention regulations, including Virginia Department of Health (VDH) Waterworks Regulations, and the Uniform Statewide Building Code.
- Possession of a valid Backflow Prevention Device Worker Certification issued by the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation, or ability to obtain within one year.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, SAP, and ArcGIS. Demonstrated proficiency with database, spreadsheet, word processing, and mapping software.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work unsupervised and perform effectively in an independent or team environment.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and handle time sensitive-issues.
- Ability to read and interpret project plans and documentation, including maps, drawings, and manufacturers’ manuals.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and professional relationships with employees at all levels, representatives from all departments, outside agencies, and the public.
- Ability to effectively and tactfully work with customers and resolve difficult and complex issues.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to organize, analyze, and interpret data and develop performance metrics.
- Ability to develop reports, write policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs), and participate in outreach programs.
- Ability to work irregular hours, shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work overtime at any location, hour, or day of the week.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.
- Ability to work in office, industrial, and outside environments.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to lift and carry to 25 pounds.