TREASURER'S OFFICE, TREASURY SPECIALIST II - CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
The successful candidate will perform a variety of front-line customer service, technical, and administrative duties in support of the Operations Division in Arlington County's Treasurer's Office. The client population served is culturally diverse, with many individuals who have limited English proficiency.
Mayor responsibilities include:
- Accepting customer payments while using a computer-based cashiering system;
- Responding to customer questions and resolving issues in person, over the phone, and by email;
- Troubleshooting and testing online payment issues;
- Answering phones in a call center environment;
- Issuing County decals, dog licenses, and residential parking permits;
- Maintaining customer demographic records;
- Selling and servicing in-car parking meter devices;
- Accepting and processing deposit batches from other County agencies.
This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills, flexibility, sensitivity, and the ability to remain professional and calm in a high volume, fast-paced customer service environment. The person in this position must be adept with technology and adaptable to using multiple complex systems. Additionally, this position requires the ability to multitask and jump between in-person counter duties and back-office desk duties as needed.
Minimum: High school diploma or the equivalent, plus two years of administrative support experience that includes working directly with the public in a retail, financial services or similar customer service environment.
Substitution: An Associate's degree (or successful completion of 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours) in any field may be substituted for up to one year of experience. A Bachelor's degree may substitute for 18 months of required experience.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) skills;
- Experience working directly with the public explaining policies, regulations and/or tax regulations to customers;
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, or similar software; and/or
- Cash handling experience.
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
A pre-hire background check will be made on all candidates who are selected for employment. It may include checks of the following: criminal record, driving record, education, professional licensure, and credit history. You may be required to sign a release authorizing the County to obtain your background information.
Your responses to the supplemental questionnaire are considered part of the selection process and are required for this position. Please do not give "see resume" as a response to the questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered. In order to receive full credit for your experience, please ensure that you have included details of all relevant work experience on your application and have completed the Supplemental Questionnaire in its entirety.